New Airbox

dcafs

Apr 27, 2019
Ride
2008 135i
FWIW, here is a log I did on my E89 Z4 back in 2015 when it was stock. I did add about 1-2 gals of E85 though. The dyno shop was near 100°f in mid summer in south Florida. Car did limp on the dyno due to access heat, but wastegates remained rather low for the boost and hot ambient weather.

Please note: This should not be used to compare with upgraded twins which require more air and produce more air volume than stock turbos at the same PSI that more likely require more dutycyle under the same conditions and setup.

Thanks.....I followed that original thread quite closely....it is what gave me the incentive to purchase a Z4 lid over the AFE momentum GT airbox. Much cheaper alternative with similar results.

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
I recently installed the AEM closed intake on a customer's car and really thought it was nice.

Looks like a nice alternative to the AFE Momentum.

But yeah i sure most have seen the Arma intake. A nice piece for sure. But no one seems to run it for obvious reasons.

Currently looking for an alternative to the usual DCI the intake noise gets old like me haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: derekgates

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
All of those dual inlet boxes posted are going to be limited by the small front intake runner. Even worse if you have a larger fan.

Run em over the engine cover at 3" dual to a box or don't bother and live with one or more dirty hotside filters IMO.

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
I wasn't aware that the Z4 airbox lid was larger then the 335 item and fitted but now that I am, it would certainly make an improvement to my modified OEM air box.

Attachments

• 008.1.jpg
    008.1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 104
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 83
  • New Filter.jpg
    New Filter.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Informative
Reactions: TiAgAu and fmorelli