Need help finding a thread, radium surge tank

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
I thought I had it bookmarked but I can't find it, or I'm not looking hard enough.
But someone had written up a little about putting that surge tank in a 135i. I want to read over that again. I'm still on the fence about doing one. Right now I have my tank out and it'd be the time, wrong time financially but F it.
Terry sold all his stock but I found a place with a similar fair price.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
The bracket on the bottom needs to be removed due to vertical height interference. After that when you install you still will not quite get the full rotation for a locating tab on the hat to locate, it will be shy from memory roughly the width of the tab. So ground that locating tab off. Now since the the surge tank is a few degrees rotated from the intended position the mounted tank gauge sensor will not sweep through the exact same position. So I noticed my tank levels on the dash is different by about the width of one of the dash lines. Bugger all but keen eye will notice.

Reactions: iminhell1

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I didnt need to modify the length of the fuel line, managed to tuck all that away neatly with the supplied line length.

Reactions: iminhell1