Mixed up DME pins - help identifying where pin should go

csmitas

Jul 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335i e90 ST 6466
So I was working on swapping over to DME boost control via the "3-port mac solenoid control" checkbox on MHD

I was having some trouble having getting the mac solenoid to work, and during my trouble shooting I seemed to have mixed up one of the pins somewhere along the line and now I'm not actually sure where this pin goes.... lol

"DME Pin 7-07 moved to 2-25" was what I was attempting to do, but clearly I mixed something up somewhere.

Is anyone able to take a look at my sub-connectors and tell which ones I've got mixed up, and where this wire should be plugged in?

Now getting limp mode / half check engine light - code "3100 - DME: Boost pressure control, deactivation," which I'm certain is just correlated to the pin in the picture attached that isn't plugged in, just don't remember which slot it should go to.

The wire is white, with a light grey line through it.

I've also got quite a few things installed which makes my dme/connectors even more confusing - WOTbox, motiv flex fuel etc.

edit: I'm thinking this wire is probably just pin 2-25 that I removed and that this should be taped off - but not exactly sure why I'm getting limp mode still

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

ShadyOrb

Private
Sep 4, 2021
Hey man, check this video out. This guy goes over which pins go where. Hopefully clears it up for you.

Let me know how it works out. I'm planning on doing the same but I've heard people are having issues with DME boost control.

csmitas

Jul 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335i e90 ST 6466
Hey man, check this video out. This guy goes over which pins go where. Hopefully clears it up for you.

Let me know how it works out. I'm planning on doing the same but I've heard people are having issues with DME boost control.
Thanks - that video is perfect, wish I saw it earlier haha.

Turns out the problem was that one of the wastegate lines blew off and that's why boost control wasn't working. Got it all dialed in now and it's working great

Reactions: jzx_andy