Misfire only on ethanol after installing Reflex

sosiiick

Lurker
Mar 25, 2020
My old setup was running fine. I had a separate 93 and e85 tunes with PI control using an AIC2.

I installed a Motiv Reflex to run a flex tune (so I wouldn't have to switch maps all the time) , control boost, control 2nd fuel pump. I also upgraded to b58 coils. When I am only using 93 (e15) the car seems to run great. We moved on to tuning on e and now the car is breaking up. I am currently at e50 in the tank, mix of 93 and x98. I had used flex fuel from Rofo (e65) and had the same issue.

Looks to me like its running lean and I'm not getting enough fuel but my tuner said the file is good and says its something with my engine. So far installed new plugs gapped to .018, new VTT b58 coils, stretched the springs out to make sure the coils have good contact and replaced seals and decouplers on the injectors.

What is the best way to see if my PI is working correctly?

Setup:

DocRace (6266 gen 1)
Motiv Reflex
750cc PI injectors
450 walbro x2
BMP upgraded fuel lines
VTT B58 coils
VTT billet valve cover
stock IM but have a VTT billet IM on order
Index 12 injectors
Radium universal OCC
Wagner IC

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
I have an ethanol log that I’ll link below but not an up to date 93 log for comparison. I was only able to get to about 5.5k rpms before getting a CEL. I don’t think I have an issue building boost. The misfires start around 21 psi. Also not sure why throttle would be fluctuating so much as I had good traction during that log.

https://datazap.me/u/slammede30/log-1711632161?log=0&data=3-24

Realized I have yet to mention my setup so here it is:

Speedtech bottom mount ST kit
Garrett gtx3582r
Turbosmart hypergate 45 wastegate
BMP port injection with 750cc injectors
Dual walbro 450s
Eldor coil packs
NGK plugs 2 step colder
Index 12s
Motiv ReFlex
Looks to me like you have WAY too much fuel from the PI based on STFT bank 1. You are hitting max trims from what I see in the log. That would cause misfires, bouncing AFR. I'd retune the PI.

• Agree
Reactions: Asian47

E30Lord

Apr 18, 2023
Looks to me like you have WAY too much fuel from the PI based on STFT bank 1. You are hitting max trims from what I see in the log. That would cause misfires, bouncing AFR. I'd retune the PI.
Yes seems like a lot of fuel to me as well. I sent over a log to my tuner. We will see