MHD anti lag ?? Rumors

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Tune is 350 idk how much the kit is my guess is between 50-100

The parts should be no more than $10-15 max imo. Although I never looked...

Last edited:

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think the idea with using the resistor on the IAT sensor is that you force the IAT value down to it's minimum sensor value and then create a column in the tune for the "Timing Total Cor. (Charge Air Temp)" table for the extremely low value the resistor creates with a massive timing reduction. So when button is pressed, IAT reading goes down to -40C and you pull a load of timing.

You're right not to want to pay for the tune, it's unnecessary.

Still would be much nicer to be able to use the MDrive steering wheel button rather than a switch hanging out of your dash. I'll have a look at see how involved that would be.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
That's almost exactly what I told him lol. I explained how to do it, even the tables, but he doesn't want to sell just the wiring in fear it will get ripped off and sold like some of the copy and paste tuners did to him.

I think a button/switch can be done cleanly it just takes some patience and good choice of button. Not exactly sure where I'll put it but it will have to look good.

Last edited:

jjbmuu

Nov 5, 2016
Florida
Ride
08 E92 335i 6 Speed
Any updates on this? Can Jake at Motiv do it as well or just go with Ken? Make the hardware changes necessary whatever they are and rolling anti lag should work?