Lpfp crashes when launching the car at the track

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
2007 335i 6AT
I had 4 passes at the local drag strip this friday. . First one was all good. Last 3 passes, launching from 2nd once it gets around 4000rpm, lpfp crashes to 20ish psi, followed by rail crash and injectors cut off code. I was at 1/4 tank. Ive had around 40 passes this year at 1/4 tank or lower with no issues. Walbro 525 bucketed setup. Driving home did a few logs without issues. 2nd 3rd and 4th gear and gas being at 1/8 tank. Even tried a launch on the street and no issue, lpfp stays above 60psi, but it obviously doesnt hook like on the track so the G forces are much smaller. Did anyone experience anything like it ?

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Could be your EKP overheating. When at the track, take off the passenger side seat cushion that the seat belt sits over and let some fresh air get to it. Have you modified your EKP at all?
There are a few threads in here showing how some of us modded our EKP's for better cooling. I have since switch to a BMP4 but the EKP modded worked great for a long time.
Also you might need to install a Hydromat. I have never run out of fuel at the track but I run close to full tank.

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
Could be your EKP overheating. When at the track, take off the passenger side seat cushion that the seat belt sits over and let some fresh air get to it. Have you modified your EKP at all?
There are a few threads in here showing how some of us modded our EKP's for better cooling. I have since switch to a BMP4 but the EKP modded worked great for a long time.
Also you might need to install a Hydromat. I have never run out of fuel at the track but I run close to full tank.
That leather cover is always off, i thought about the ekp overheating but we have had a crazy heatwave this year with temps over a 100f and ive raced in that weather without an issue. It was barely 70f that day and probably one of the coolest days this racing season. I will bring a spare ekp to the track next time and if it happens again ill swap it on the spot

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
That leather cover is always off, i thought about the ekp overheating but we have had a crazy heatwave this year with temps over a 100f and ive raced in that weather without an issue. It was barely 70f that day and probably one of the coolest days this racing season. I will bring a spare ekp to the track next time and if it happens again ill swap it on the spot
The silicone in a micro processor can degrade over time and heat can speed this process up.
If nothing can touch the EKP run it without the back cover as well.

Please do a 10's run!

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
The silicone in a micro processor can degrade over time and heat can speed this process up.
If nothing can touch the EKP run it without the back cover as well.

Please do a 10's run!
I need the perfect DA to run 10s. I have done 11.1 multiple times now. Friday was a perfect day for it, test n tune, lots of 2000hp cars so the track had to be extra sticky for them, but it just didnt let me launch :(

Reactions: NoGuru

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
When I see LPFP crash that bad its usually because of low fuel in tank and it is sucking air. Fill the tank up to the top so you can eliminate that variable and try it again.
i thought of that but ive been running with 1/4 tank for years and never had this issue. Unfortunately the track closed early this year because of new covid measures so i havent been able to take it to the track and properly test it. I havent been able to replicate it on the street either.