low boost

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
hello everyone,

trying to see if anyone has any insite as what could cause a issue im having. so while i was on stock turbos tuner was asking if they were EOL. because he saw something wrong while tuning. i didnt feel they were becaise they only had about 76 thousand miles at the time. but hey gave me a reason to get upgraded twins. so fast forward new twins are in with all supporting mods. inlets, outles, PI, flex fuel kit, new index 12, new plugs, new coils, all maintinance done. now when he is trying to increase boost it only goes to 17-18 psi. he even said he increased so much duty cycle i should def be over boosting but its the same. no codes, car feels strong and pulls hard on the boost that it is making. but just wont increase.

anyone ever heard of or had this situation. any help would be greatly appriceated. also attached a log.

Last edited:

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
You can copy BB code and paste in thread after it's uploaded.

thank you. got it attached to original post.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
You didn't say what turbos, but if the issue existed on the stock ones and the new ones, it's obviously something that hasn't changed. If you're sure there are no boost leaks and WGs were set properly on the new turbos, I'd look at vacuum lines/canisters and boost control solenoids if they are still the same pre/post upgrades.

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
You didn't say what turbos, but if the issue existed on the stock ones and the new ones, it's obviously something that hasn't changed. If you're sure there are no boost leaks and WGs were set properly on the new turbos, I'd look at vacuum lines/canisters and boost control solenoids if they are still the same pre/post upgrades.
they are VTT GC LITES. but yeah accordning to tunner he seeing the same thing he was seeing on the stock ones. lines and canisteres have been replaced. i was thinking to replace the soilnioids next.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
The solenoids probably will be fine.
You should pressure test your system and look for a boost leak. I don´t think that with a WGDC of 76% you should only see 15psi.

But Dimitri should also get your PID running better. Your WGDC is jumping like crazy. I know a few ppl with this and some of them do even feel it during a pull that WGDC is jumping.

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
The solenoids probably will be fine.
You should pressure test your system and look for a boost leak. I don´t think that with a WGDC of 76% you should only see 15psi.

But Dimitri should also get your PID running better. Your WGDC is jumping like crazy. I know a few ppl with this and some of them do even feel it during a pull that WGDC is jumping.
pressure test was the first thing i had done. to make sure there was no leaks.