hpfp not going above 1k on wot (solution hpfp failing)

rebuilt54

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
Ended up being the hpfp upon removal comparing it with an another working hpfp. The hpfp was hard to spin almost felt like it was catching onto something, replaced it and rail is stable no crashing on load.
Also this was after getting a new lpfp and ekpm3.

5/27/24

checked pump agian just to double check found the red wire leading into the pump the white plastic area was charred. got a new pump on the way. could this be due to high amp draw leading to a failing stock ekpm2 ?

5/26/24
So today after not driving the car for three days started the car to drive and hpfp want crashing holding steady then afte that fell off agian dropping to 300psi is this EKPM issue or fpr ? Can’t figure it out any help appreciated

Hey! I'm having a hard time trying to figure out my issue with the HPFP crashing and creating cylinder injection cutout. I do have a 450 Walbro for the LPFP.

The thing is, during startup, it behaves just like it needs to. LP is at 72 psi, and the rail jumps up to 2000 psi. Then, once the RPMs start going down, it evens out to 700 psi on the rail.

When I'm driving around not under load, LP stays consistent in the 70-80 range, and the rail stays around 700-1000 psi. But then, when I start getting into a load, it'll jump up a bit to 1200 psi, then just crash out to 300, creating injection cutout.

So far, I've swapped in the EKPM3 modules, but the only difference it made was LPFP at idle is 82psi. However, the weird behavior still remains, and I just don't want to throw parts at it.

After reading a few forums, I came across mentions of faulty LPFP sensors or HPFP sensors on the rail. When I checked, I still have the brass one on the low side. I did pull out my LPFP to see if anything with the wiring might have been the issue. It did have a loose crimp, but I've since repaired that, and the issue still remains.

As for codes, I've only gotten the 29F3-fuel low-pressure sensor, electric, come up once, along with the 2A17-DMTL system fault.

I've also been having the HPFP shadow codes ever since I got the car on MHD. They are 2FCA, 2FDA, and 2FDB, and they're random all the time.

I've flashed back to previous revisions just to check, but the issue still remains.

The LPFP is acting a bit. I did have some oscillation, but not as bad as dipping to 50 then skyrocketing to 90 and so forth.

Does anyone have a similar problem or could guide me? Instead of me just dropping random parts.

also the tune is for 19ts but only 19/20 psi 93 oct

thanks.

Last edited:

rebuilt54

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
i have probably same bahavior,, here: https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads...e-bahavior-after-first-wots.9505/#post-135096 ,,, diference is,, that only first WOT crashes hphf pressure,, only when lpfp spikes...
I see you mentioned lpfp sensor did you ever get the chance to change it yet ?
I’m thinking maybe my lpfp is just done for maybe internal short. I’m going to pull it out agian and maybe try to ohm it.
Because the crash happens almost the same way when lpfp has the weird spike.

marvix

Lurker
May 19, 2024
sensor, filter, ekmp3 is on the way..... (was ordered)...

I think that hphf bounce to the low pressure rail backward after first pulls after start,, then something adapt and is more consistant...

or last think,,, lpfp is to slow... lots of people has problems with this wallbross,,

rebuilt54

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
you change wallbro after this problem, or before?
I changed it after doing fbo with 19ts the stock one wasn’t keeping up at that point so I got the walbro. Have had the pump in for about year and half, with no problems until just a few days ago this wired stuff started happing. Hey keep me updated on if the sensor/ ekp / filter work out for you. And about the filter are you talking about the FPr or the sock on the lpfp?
Thanks

rebuilt54

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
you change wallbro after this problem, or before?
sensor, filter, ekmp3 is on the way..... (was ordered)...

I think that hphf bounce to the low pressure rail backward after first pulls after start,, then something adapt and is more consistant...

or last think,,, lpfp is to slow... lots of people has problems with this wallbross,,
any luck ??