F2X Help! Load Limit but no codes!

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Hello all, I’ve been working with my tuner to get the 235 dialed in after my custom turbo and intercooler upgrades. The hardware combination has been functioning exceptionally well but for some reason the DME is only requesting 110 load (350nm) when the tuner said he is asking for twice that (750nm)! The strange thing is that there are no codes! I scanned using MHD, xHP and a regular scanner which checked every module, at this point I just don’t know where to go from here, any thoughts?!

Attachments

• 2021-11-21 07_09_52 000021571DAA01 Marcel_93oct_EWG_ST_N20_RFLX-PI_8AT_Rev1_1.mhd.csv
    8.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-11-21 07_09_01 000021571DAA01 Marcel_93oct_EWG_ST_N20_RFLX-PI_8AT_Rev1_1.mhd.csv
    8.3 KB · Views: 7

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Waw! Nobody!? Now I feel like I’m the only person in the entire world who has had this happen to them! I feel Soo alone right now!:coldsweat:

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Can you add the logs to the spoolstreet log feature? I haven't used it yet, but then your log will be visible right in the thread.

I'm confused,at WOT load request will not go above 110? The stock DME requests more load than that, I wouldn't think the tuner would make bin changes to push things in the wrong direction.

I wonder if something is installed mechanically wrong (maybe a sensor unplugged) that the DME is detecting, and putting it in some kind of limp mode, or preventing it from going into boost? But you mentioned there are no codes... Sorry I'm not too much help. If you can get that SS logging feature to work in your thread I'll take a look and see if anything stands out to me. Hopefully others will look too, as I'm slowly studying and learning the DME, but haven't actually flashed my own custom bin yet - still running mhd OTS tunes.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Anyone know if the DME will go into Component Protection mode if the motor is runnung lean?pulled a couple "lean running" codes yesterday.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Can you add the logs to the spoolstreet log feature? I haven't used it yet, but then your log will be visible right in the thread.

I'm confused,at WOT load request will not go above 110? The stock DME requests more load than that, I wouldn't think the tuner would make bin changes to push things in the wrong direction.

I wonder if something is installed mechanically wrong (maybe a sensor unplugged) that the DME is detecting, and putting it in some kind of limp mode, or preventing it from going into boost? But you mentioned there are no codes... Sorry I'm not too much help. If you can get that SS logging feature to work in your thread I'll take a look and see if anything stands out to me. Hopefully others will look too, as I'm slowly studying and learning the DME, but haven't actually flashed my own custom bin yet - still running mhd OTS tunes.
Nothing (that I know of) is mechanically wrong and the DME is waayyy too smart to know if any sensor is disconnected, I actually got all those 'sensor codes" aftermy first start up but everything has since been resolved.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Anyone know if the DME will go into Component Protection mode if the motor is runnung lean?pulled a couple "lean running" codes yesterday.

Did some more digging today!

IMG_2287.PNG

118001- Mixture control: Multiple fault basically says my mixture is too lean!
Fault Impact- - The engine operates in its emergency program!

11CF30 - Mixture control: Multiple fault
Cause limiting by:
- Mixture adaptation (ID: 0x5A85):
- Mixture control (ID: 0x5855),

- Last (ID: 0x5813),
- Engine speed (ID: 0x4807),
- Engine temperature, (ID: 0x4300)

To me it seems clear that the issues are being caused by the lean run condition resulting from my recent turbo upgrade, presently I am awaiting another map revision from my tuner to remedy this but I am going to add fuel using the Reflex, reset the mixture adaptations (required after servicing) and see what happens!