E9X Help diagnosing terrible front end vibration

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I was wanting to do 18" front and 17" rear, but couldn't find a reputable wide street tire in 17", and I don't want to run DR all the time. My only caution on going smaller than 18" out back.

Wow , really? How wide were you looking to go? I was thinking 275/40/17 but that is a mostly drag tire size. I guess 'reputable' is the key variance there, lol. What do you consider to be a decent none drag tire?

Are you aware of any 17s that will fit a 335i BBK? IIRC even some 18s will not. Spacers may help in some situations.

Oh absolutely not. Even my buddy's M3 18s were hitting the caliper with the inside edge wheel weight. That's why I figured I'd have to go 'reverse staggered' but that makes it even more difficult in finding a set of wheels. I think Apex ARC8s are the ONLY wheel to come in BMW fitment in an 18 and a proper wide 17. At least, that's all I've found that looks decent.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Wow , really? How wide were you looking to go? I was thinking 275/40/17 but that is a mostly drag tire size. I guess 'reputable' is the key variance there, lol. What do you consider to be a decent none drag tire?

I was looking for 275-315. Was going to do a widebody on the rear before my daughter was born. That's been put on the back burner. I was able to fit 275/35 on my stock 135i fenders so I'm happy for now.

I consider decent to be any of the top new max/extreme performance options from MAJOR tire brands. Mich/bridge/pirelli/Conti/Yoko. Etc.

I'm using MPS4S currently.