E92 N54 couple of strange problems

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
Hey guys so to start I can’t really figure out what’s going on with my e92 335i fbo but on stock turbos on mhd stage 2+ 93oct. Here’s what I’m dealing with,
1. Idles 200 rpm higher than usual after running for a few hours
2. If I rev it, on the decel it has a noticeable shake around 800-900 rpm- I was thinking motor mount but wouldn’t that shake all the time?
3. Boost comes in at 3k rpm and doesn’t feel like it’s pulling as hard even though watching the live gauges I’m building full boost
4. Sometimes stutters under load almost like a misfire
Must note with these problems I have zero codes. In the past few months Iv replaced injectors, camshaft position sensors, crankshaft position sensor, both vanos solenoids, 2 step colder sparkplugs, coilpacks, msd81 dme, battery, ground straps, waterpump/thermostat, serpentine belt tensioner, lpfp, lpfp sensor, hpfp and a bunch of unrelated suspension components
Attached is some logs but I’m completely lost as to why it’s running not quite right any help or insight especially with the logs would be much appreciated https://datazap.me/u/eurofam/strange-idle?log=0&data=3-23
There are 2 logs

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
Update I just pulled a code
29E0 dme mixture control
Gave it some research and saw to check Ltft and stft but I have no clue what I’m looking for value wise, if anyone could chime in I’d love to learn

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Hey guys so to start I can’t really figure out what’s going on with my e92 335i fbo but on stock turbos on mhd stage 2+ 93oct. Here’s what I’m dealing with,
1. Idles 200 rpm higher than usual after running for a few hours
2. If I rev it, on the decel it has a noticeable shake around 800-900 rpm- I was thinking motor mount but wouldn’t that shake all the time?
3. Boost comes in at 3k rpm and doesn’t feel like it’s pulling as hard even though watching the live gauges I’m building full boost
4. Sometimes stutters under load almost like a misfire
Must note with these problems I have zero codes. In the past few months Iv replaced injectors, camshaft position sensors, crankshaft position sensor, both vanos solenoids, 2 step colder sparkplugs, coilpacks, msd81 dme, battery, ground straps, waterpump/thermostat, serpentine belt tensioner, lpfp, lpfp sensor, hpfp and a bunch of unrelated suspension components
Attached is some logs but I’m completely lost as to why it’s running not quite right any help or insight especially with the logs would be much appreciated https://datazap.me/u/eurofam/strange-idle?log=0&data=3-23
There are 2 logs
Have you had a walnut blast ever ?
Is it an AT or MT ?

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
How many miles on the O2 sensors?
That I have no clue on, Iv never changed them. I assume that’s a good place to start but is there any way to see if they’re going bad? I know AFR’s but mine didn’t seem to be too bad

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Walnut blast maybe 15k miles ago, I had the car for a year but it sat as a project Iv only put 5k miles on it in my ownership. It’s an auto trans
This is all very weird.. does the gearbox drive okay ?
No codes etc via XHP

It doesn’t like a gearbox issue but who knows nowadays.

To me it looks like there might be an ever so slight boost leak. Do you have a handheld vacuum pump to test the vacuum lines ?

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
No codes etc via XHP

To me it looks like there might be an ever so slight boost leak. Do you have a handheld vacuum pump to test the vacuum lines ?
Gearbox has a few rough shifts when cold only 1st to 2nd but that’s in DS or with the paddles and under load it shifts pretty good for stock trans. regular drive is pretty smooth. I don’t have XHP or I’d check that out of the budget unfortunately for now.
I do not have a vacuum pump but I can pick one up and check for any kind of vac/boost leaks. I’ll do that and post back

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
No codes etc via XHP

actually do you know if I need the XHP license to check codes or is it just for flashing?

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
Oh almost forgot guys little update! I cleared the dme mixture control code and that hasn’t come back, after a day or so I got a misfire on cylinder 2 but that hasn’t come back either.
and should note that the idle issue it still idles rough on startup but it’s been back and forth between idling just over 500 and up to 750-800, Iv noticed when it idles at 500-550 it’s smooth the rough idle is when she’s at 800

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
actually do you know if I need the XHP license to check codes or is it just for flashing?
Sorry man, didn't see you replied. XHP is free to check codes I believe as long as you have a way of plugging into the OBD

Were the injectors coded?

Camshaft and crankshaft sensor pushed in completely? I have seen some people with issues if not fully in.

Are they NGK 97506? If so were they gapped?

I notice you talk about the LPFP sensor. Did you replace with the new version (Pipe and sensor already attached) or did you just buy the new old-style sensor.

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
Sorry man, didn't see you replied. XHP is free to check codes I believe as long as you have a way of plugging into the OBD

Were the injectors coded?

Camshaft and crankshaft sensor pushed in completely? I have seen some people with issues if not fully in.

Are they NGK 97506? If so were they gapped?

I notice you talk about the LPFP sensor. Did you replace with the new version (Pipe and sensor already attached) or did you just buy the new old-style sensor.
I checked the codes one thing showed up “message ldm: request TQ at”
Not sure what that means to be honest, injectors were coded yes camshaft sensors are in all the way but crankshaft sensor I’ll have to double check it’s alittle tricky to get to.
I replaced the lpfp sensor with an oem old style one I actually didn’t know there was a new version!
Yes they’re ngk 97506 and yes I gapped them to a spec I seen on the forum here I think .022 or .018 is another I saw