E92 build and advice 09 le mans

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I have a 09 e92 m sport fully loaded with 69k miles on clock. First I did e40 tune and afe intake. Instantly I was hooked I ordered 19 inch sdc f14s on hankook v12s 235f 265r and had tnt racewerks do bunch of work.
Mods
whiteline subframe bushings,
pr inlets,
vtt outlets,
ade 650 fmic,
walnut blast,
bucketless lpfp
new water pump
agm battery and coded it
bimmerlife coils with 95770 plugs gapped to .23.
ground control single adjustable shocks with 440f 700r springs
m3 camber links,
gc toe arms,
m3 control arms rear
everything else m3upgrade except traction arm,
meyle hd end links rear
Turner adjustable front end links,
front m3 arms ,
ecs brake lines all 6,
rear diff gasket
index 12 injectors.
Phoenix racing charge pipe
Tial blow off with braided dash 4 line
245/35/19f and 275/30/19r nitto nt05 tires I think that's pretty much everything.
Now I ordered the pd upgrade kit to save money even though I am not doing it right away but I don't want be stuck if I pop my tranny, it runs great now but who knows and I was told price will be higher soon and I plan on doing large frame twins eventually.
My dilemma is I can have a lsd installed for free right now as car is going back together wed to Friday and their is the group buy not sure if I pay to ship back core but if shipping is 130 to me then will be little less than 1500 once I get back core deposit. Should I get car and enjoy it do a few events see how holds up I track on 18 inch 193s with 225f 255r pss thinking about r888r or re71s but don't know if my skill level warrants r comp tires. My worry is I don't want to have all these upgrades confuse the ediff and have hard time with controlling my slip angle or power out of turns, allot say that the lsd improves confidence allot and didn't really make car faster but made the car safer "no snap over steer".I want opinions if no lsd will hold back my other upgrades or be dangerous I know my skill is low enough that an lsd would help but I am not looking to set records just want car enjoyable and safe. Do you think I should just not go to r comps without an lsd or should I bite the bullet and do know In hind site I should have waited on the pd clutches and spent the money on an mfactory lsd but I didn't. I will upload pics when I get chance.

Last edited:

Midshift

Private
Nov 30, 2017
Detroit
Ride
07 E92 335i
While I don't have an LSD myself, I have heard numerous times that it will help put power to the ground. Given the mods done to your car, I don't see how it could be a hindrance. If it makes sense, do it.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I don't think would be bad at all I am just hoping that waiting a little while isn't a big mistake I am curious if people at my current level felt that not having a lsd was a big mistake or that their car was very enjoyable. Reason being my car was a daily driver now I have hit point I can dual purpose it and do some track days last car I tracked was an 04 cobra and 09 cts v whole different ball game plus I didn't apreciate anything except power back then I am looking for whole package this time around. Plus I only auto crossed I would like to try some road coarse events, experience holding a line, trying carrying speed through corners and so on.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I'm confused. You said you can get it done for free (that sounds good, right?) but you think you should wait (not spend money?) ... I have the MFactory LSD will all the suspension mods. One of the first things I actually did. I think it is great. Is it a must have? I dunno. I don't care for DSC much. I think it is a good choice if tracking the car.

Filippo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I am trying talk myself into spending another 1500 laying out 2000 but I know some say to not do so much in one shot so you can feel and learn the car with each mod I also am ordering the vswetish lock down forgot to list that

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I'm confused. You said you can get it done for free (that sounds good, right?) but you think you should wait (not spend money?) ... I have the MFactory LSD will all the suspension mods. One of the first things I actually did. I think it is great. Is it a must have? I dunno. I don't care for DSC much. I think it is a good choice if tracking the car.

Filippo
What tires do you run?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Also does anyone recommend or have a budget lift I think I might just do that and this way it not as big deal financially to break up upgrades if I do them myself.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
What tires do you run?
I'm a Yokohama guy by preference. But when I ordered my wheels, the tire size was not in the country. Only thing we could get on there were Hankook Ventus V12 evo2. They've actually worked fine on the car and I have no complaints. For track use, though, I'd probably look for something else. I don't know what the E90/E82 guys do ... and tire size is a factor on choice, unfortunately.

I'm probably going to look at the Firestone Indy 500 next time around - at 245/35-19 275/30-19 wheels, my choices are limited.

Filippo

Last edited: