E91 n54/DCT Swap

E91DCT

Nov 28, 2022
Hello. Ok here it goes. I have an e91 that was an n54 6at car. Working just fine. Then I decided to put in a DCT. Got it in. Got it somewhat working and all it needed was for it to be coded correctly. This is where my problems start. The person that was supposed to code the car no longer works at the shop and I have no one else around here that can do it. So, I was able to drive the car home. I did try to code the car...yes I did try, and pretty safe to say I'm not good at it, because now it won't recognize the gear selector. Not sure if it's something I can do with some guidance or someone who can remotely code the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
If you have all the neded stuff (PC with winkfp ncs expert the right SP-Daten and a cable to connect) I may help and do remote coding.
First step is to change the FA using NCS expert you will need to change from 205A to 2TCA
205A is for the ZF6HP 2TCA is for the DCT
Using winkfp you need to program both DCT and GWS (gear shift) it will allow to put your car's VIN in both
Let me know if you know how to that.

Last edited:

E91DCT

Nov 28, 2022
If you have all the neded stuff (PC with winkfp ncs expert the right SP-Daten and a cable to connect) I may help and do remote coding.
First step is to change the FA using NCS expert you will need to change from 205A to 2TCA
205A is for the ZF6HP 2TCA is for the DCT
Using winkfp you need to program both DCT and GWS (gear shift) it will allow to put your car's VIN in both
Let me know if you know how to that.
I have winkfp ncs expert, and the sp-daten files I have are v.60.1. I was able to change the vehicle order to the dct, but I kept getting an error when trying to code the gws. I also have inpa and pro tool.

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
You need to program both DCT and GWS BEFORE to code. You need to enter your 17 digits vin in Winkfp.
After the VO change you need to code several modules the easiest way is to code the whole car.
I would update DCT GWS DSC ZBE KOMBI using Winkfp then code.
My time zone is Paris GMT +1 install anydesk and send me your ID in PM if you want me to do the remote coding

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
Hello. Ok here it goes. I have an e91 that was an n54 6at car. Working just fine. Then I decided to put in a DCT. Got it in. Got it somewhat working and all it needed was for it to be coded correctly. This is where my problems start. The person that was supposed to code the car no longer works at the shop and I have no one else around here that can do it. So, I was able to drive the car home. I did try to code the car...yes I did try, and pretty safe to say I'm not good at it, because now it won't recognize the gear selector. Not sure if it's something I can do with some guidance or someone who can remotely code the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I just sent you a PM

Mr2gq

Apr 3, 2022
I just sent you a PM
Seb335i,
I could use some help if you have the time with remote. I was able to change vo ncs expert, but cc any get winkfp to work in order to program Zusb for the msd81 and gs40. I keep getting error 106. I’ve updated the latest datens. I’ve tried everything I could find on Google. Think you could help? Trans shifts and works as is.

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
If Seb isn't able to help I had bimecu.com do the coding for my swap. He was very reasonable, did the conversion coding and re coded for new injectors faster than I could get inpa connected.

Mr2gq

Apr 3, 2022
If Seb isn't able to help I had bimecu.com do the coding for my swap. He was very reasonable, did the conversion coding and re coded for new injectors faster than I could get inpa connected.
Thank you! I’ll reach out to him.