Dungeon rescued 135i project

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
My extreme twin plate organic could not take the pounding anymore and as I had the spec laying around from a warranty replacement
from the failed motiv clutch I decided to try it.

It is a brass button setup so I thought got this will be a nightmare to drive on the street and it was for the first 2k miles but
I got to say it's getting just as good as the xtreme, it can be quite temperamental on take off but it doesn't shudder anymore and
is actually quite nice to drive but it only took like 3k km to bed in LOL,

Whilst the xtreme can be very forgiving the spec is not on take off, if you don't get it right you'll be bunny hopping down the street.

Since I'm not aiming for power I'm going to get the single plate extreme and single mass flywheel in the future once the funds allow
or go back to the dual mass flywheel and 550i clutch for a much nicer drive.

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Steamed off the badly aged ppf of the guards and hood as the stuff yellowed badly like fog light colour.

Now I just have the front bar to do and of to paint correction and a fresh application of Suntek Ultra to the whole car.

There are others and much stronger PPF films but I like this stuff and seen a few cars with it, it self-heals if scratched and has ceramic coating
already on or in the film.

I can get it done quite cheap so will be taking before and after photos soon.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The usual crowd around my cars taking a good gawk at the pristine engine bays.

The paintwork on this car is almost as good as the 1m3 underneath all the contamination, it's getting clay bared next Saturday and a full
detail inside and out.

20230819_200849.jpg20230819_202333.jpg

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Stops the pumpkin jumping up and down in the cradle especially when you have a tight lsd when its loading and unloading.

You can do the same with solid bushes but then you get a lot of diff whine in the cabin.

Last edited:
Reactions: wheela

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The Burger motorsport brace helped the drexler lsd get of the line in 2nd gear through to 3rd with no wheel spin at roll racing.

I was running ps4s 255/35/19 and the engine was making 21 psi all the way, it's astonishing how much better the drexler
is compared to the m3 lsd, my 1m was never been able to tame this engine.

Just waiting for my son to upload the video to dropbox so I can post it.

The only problem is the lsd is worth more that a complete m3 rear end and need to add labour on top.

Reactions: TiAgAu

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Here is a video of the 135i, full traction off and putting it all down from a roll in 2nd gear on PS4s 255/35/19 street tyres.

21psi to redline on the VTT FR-B+'s roughly making just a little above 600hp on a conservative tune @V8bait made for me
before he retired from tuning.

I was using protools to log as mhd was playing up, so was protools but I managed to log the 2nd gear start through to 3rd.

Car is making good power crossing the finish line at just a little over 130mph.

Car is running only e30 and the Walbro 535 is on its limits and the 130 mph terminal speed is saying its making some serious power.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiAgAu