Double Checking after Track Day

SCato

Lurker
Apr 14, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 135I
I am still learning how to read logs properly and would love for someone to check behind me. I have here a log from the back straight at Road Atlanta this past weekend. It's WOT 3rd to 5th. MHD Stage 2 E40 Tune, stock turbos and stock inlets/outlets. Stage 2 bucket-less (hate it on track) VRSF 7" Intercooler.

Found this as a resource, is it still relevant?

I dont feel good about the 20 AFR for Bank 2, but have no idea where to start on that. Would kittyless DPs cause this? Guessing 02 sensor maybe? I'm at 70k miles and my plugs/coils have about 4-5k miles on them. I will be pulling them to check anyway.

Everything else looks okay to me?

Attachments

• 2019-08-24 10_02_57 IJE0S v7.1 E40.csv
    24.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I would think that O2 is not working. I'd be very surprised if you were at a true 20:1, especially if the car was running good. What was odd was that I would've expected the STFT for that bank to max trying to richen the mixture up unless you already had a code that that sensor isn't working. I had an issue where my bank 2 O2 was intermittent, but I can't recall what it would sit at. After replacing the sensor twice and having the issue persist, I found it was the DME connection pin pushed in and not making permanent contact. I presume it happened when the prior owner installed a DP Fix. Always check the mechanical stuff first.

I probably wouldn't feel comfortable WOT with that O2 not working, but otherwise, everything looked good to me.

SCato

Lurker
Apr 14, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 135I
Thanks for the reply! Previous lap logs show the afr within 11-13, but I use a dp fix once a year. I'll give those cables a check, they've given me issues before.