N54 Does this look OK?

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i

I pieced this tune together from the various resources out there. I just wanted to make sure everything looked alright. Maybe get a second opinion from someone who knows more than I do about tuning to see if anything sticks out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Stock turbos, E85, DPs, intercooler, walbro 450 bucketed

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Tune looking basically perfect for your car. You can lower your D factor just a tiny bit if you want to remove the oscillations at 3500-4k but I wouldn't bother unless I was really bored. Timing is right on board MBT and looking good. Just a lil more WGDC adder or base above 280 maf and you should be all set!

Its just my preference but I like a slight underboost when I tune. The dme really doesn't like it when you overboost even a tiny amount.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I love it. May I suggest being able to mark specific locations in the graph?
I'm pretty sure this is a very basic function of high charts I could enable. Any other suggestions are welcome, though I have my own back log already.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Here is another log, I'm trying to figure out why there is a dip in boost request at about 3750 rpm. I usually notice it in 4th gear. I was thinking it might be vanos settings. Not really sure where to start. I believe I'm using z4_35is spool tables and v8bait's for moving vanos tables. Any advice? What should I log? Anything to point me in the right direction is appreciated, thanks!

One last question, I notice after about 5k rpm my pid matches base and stays under target like it's not doing anything. Does this mean I just need to raise my base wgdc and/or adder to get it closer, or is there something else that needs adjustment like the d factor / d factor multiplier?

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Here is another log, I'm trying to figure out why there is a dip in boost request at about 3750 rpm. I usually notice it in 4th gear. I was thinking it might be vanos settings. Not really sure where to start. I believe I'm using z4_35is spool tables and v8bait's for moving vanos tables. Any advice? What should I log? Anything to point me in the right direction is appreciated, thanks!

One last question, I notice after about 5k rpm my pid matches base and stays under target like it's not doing anything. Does this mean I just need to raise my base wgdc and/or adder to get it closer, or is there something else that needs adjustment like the d factor / d factor multiplier?
You're exceeding the timer for the pid to try and get boost on track. You can either lower your load targets a tiny bit, or raise your wgdc base and/or adder to try and get boost closer to target.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/wgdc-drops-default-to-wgdc-base-no-pid-added.2261/

• Informative
Reactions: GreyNBlueE92