DCT - Possible xHP Flash

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
Oh to anyone interested a guy I met on Facebook who has done the M3GTS conversion messaged me and he bought xHP and it let him flash but then it showed the stock ZB instead so he has to flash back for the GWS to work. The initial attempt with xHP saved his GTS flash, but wouldn't let him reload it. So he was gonna try running it as a custom flash, or he has to re set up his laptop and use WinKFP.

Ant-3244

Lurker
Oct 17, 2018
Ride
335i
I'm going to reflash with the GTS file tonight via WinKFP, back it up and try again a custom flash with less options selected. I'm wondering if some of the configurable options being selected my not be compatible causing the failed custom flash. So I'll try and reflash tonight using custom flash and only rear diff option selected. If anyone has an ideas you want me try saving us all wasting money let me know happy to help.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I'm going to reflash with the GTS file tonight via WinKFP, back it up and try again a custom flash with less options selected. I'm wondering if some of the configurable options being selected my not be compatible causing the failed custom flash. So I'll try and reflash tonight using custom flash and only rear diff option selected. If anyone has an ideas you want me try saving us all wasting money let me know happy to help.
I can’t seem to see a custom file option in the screenshots I’ve seen ... can you elaborate on where and what the app says ?

Ant-3244

Lurker
Oct 17, 2018
Ride
335i
Not with the car right now, but when you connect and you have your flash options. There is an icon in the top right. You click that and it allows you to select a file to custom flash. This where your downloaded back up for the TCU goes. Theres also the option to download it again. I'm not sure if the back up is an actual pull of the current installed map, or if the back up file is just a server downloaded map based on your Model and hardware etc from XHP. There has been an update to the app today not sure what it was addressing, so I'm going to try again tonight. And see if it will backup the GTS map and apply it back with the Final drive settings and no other options.

Ant-3244

Lurker
Oct 17, 2018
Ride
335i
Struggling to reflash this back with Winkfp, failed the flash three times for ECU not responding and losing connection. And it picks and chooses when it wants to connect. Think my laptops finally died after many temper tantrums, I keep losing connection to my phone through USB too so I reckon the ports are faulty.

• Sad
Reactions: Begood69

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
BLUF:
Screenshot_20200708-083406_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-083358_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-083353_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-083333_Samsung Internet.jpg
No dct swap support. None planned so far..

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
Struggling to reflash this back with Winkfp, failed the flash three times for ECU not responding and losing connection. And it picks and chooses when it wants to connect. Think my laptops finally died after many temper tantrums, I keep losing connection to my phone through USB too so I reckon the ports are faulty.
Is that with the winkp? Or with xhp?