DCT Error Codes and Shifting Issues

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
e89 z4 35i, Mk7.5 Gti, 02 Wrx
Hello all, I hope everything has been well on your end!

Recently had the Seems Legit Transmission pan (the smaller of the two) installed on the car, and while at it the shop replaced the transmission filter. Ever since then (about 500miles) the car has not felt the same, and I have been hearing a slight noise coming from the trans even at idle. I assumed this to be noise being transferred through the aluminum as opposed to the plastic oem that was on it before. Besides that the car seemed as though it was lurching while in gear (it would even lunge forward while creeping in traffic) and in between shifts. I then inquired with the shop as to whether or not the BMW service steps where carried out, and also the extra fluid added; to which I was assured that it was. Took it to BMW and it felt night and day different after the tech reset the adaptation blah, blah,blah. Bare in mind again I was told that this was already performed.

The car felt solid and I believed that I was now in the clear, but no. Now i'm getting the following error codes:

Pressure Sensor Clutch 1 : Permanent Error

Clutch 2 : Incorrect Pressure

Pressure Sensor Clutch 2 : Permanent Error

I had the XHP stage 3 Flash initially and set it back to stock to see if it was flash related. This morning, the problem resurfaced and the car would skip 2nd,4th and 7th gears. At one point it lost power and would not accelerate or even downshift from 6th. I then had to pull over and restart the car in order to get to my next destination.

Are you guys familiar with this issue, and if so what are your recommendations? I will be taking it back to the shop, but I would also like to better educate myself with regard to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

-Reef

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
How many miles on the trans?
When was the last service to the trans?

I don't see the pan making any difference but maybe changing the fluid could cause an issue.

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
Car had the pan gasket replaced by BMW at 65k because it was leaking. It now has 116k.

I don't think the pan is the issue either. The problem didn't start until after the car got worked on however. What could have been compromised is moreso what I'm questioning.

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
I don't have the invoice on hand at the moment, but I believe that only one filter was replaced. They also used fresh fluid, i was only billed for the factory pan amount (1150mL) however and not the 1500mL. When questioned I was told that it was added at no additional cost.

Towing it back to the shop at the time of this response for them to check it out. Should hopefully have an answer by the end of today.

E92-Ghandi

Corporal
Feb 25, 2018
Ride
2010 335i e92 DCT
Something similar happened to me earlier, car suddenly started throwing gearbox codes and miss shifting just like yours.
I changed the 2 filters and fresh oil, that solved the problem.

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
Issue was confirmed to be related to low fluid level, almost a liter to be exact. Shop took accountability and the system was then reflushed and programed.
Trans feels the best I've ever felt it now, and I'll be observing over the next couple of days to see in detail if anything changes.
Thanks guys, appreciate/d all feedback

Reactions: NoGuru

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Sorry mate, I should’ve guessed.
the only aftermarket pan that I know of that puts the pickup lower is the slonik one. The rest need more oil otherwise they may suck air.
Glad you got it sorted before it caused damage.