Ride
2009 e93 335i
Screenshot_20201106-172051.png

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
do you have any logs with rail and hpfp psi?

seems odd to have the front cyls be problem. Have you double checked pressure of coils onto plugs?
Yes this is what is really wierd to me I have double checked to make sure coils are seated well onto plugs. Car ran good until the valve cover was replaced, then missfired on cylinder 6 and 2 now after replacing the injectors it will only missfire on one and 2. I can try and log the hpfp psi. Im thinking it may be the hpfp

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Did you double check grounds? Do the issues follow coil swaps between cylinders? If you have extra seals to check; how about injectors?

I am not sure HPFP is gonna be consistently 1/2 cyl... you would be getting other codes as well?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Did you double check grounds? Do the issues follow coil swaps between cylinders? If you have extra seals to check; how about injectors?

I am not sure HPFP is gonna be consistently 1/2 cyl... you would be getting other codes as well?
Ok well the other thing is if I let it idle long enough it seems like it starts with cylinder one and 2 and then it will also carry over to 4 if it runs long enough I just don't like it idling with all the missfires . I tried eldor coils on it and had no change really. Did not really try moving spark plugs around because they were brand new. After I replaced them from ngk 95770 thinking they may have been the issue even though they were caked with carbon they didn't missfire prior to valve cover change.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Ok well the other thing is if I let it idle long enough it seems like it starts with cylinder one and 2 and then it will also carry over to 4 if it runs long enough I just don't like it idling with all the missfires . I tried eldor coils on it and had no change really. Did not really try moving spark plugs around because they were brand new. After I replaced them from ngk 95770 thinking they may have been the issue even though they were caked with carbon they didn't missfire prior to valve cover change.
Grounds are also all solid, cannot visibly see anything wrong with the wiring harness and the connectors clicked into all the injectors like they should and all the injectors are getting power according to protool

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Broken valve spring? Is it really misfiring or the car thinks it is and forcing it into limp mode
I don't really hear anything broken in the head rattling around. It's very odd and have never seen anything like this. What I really don't understand how the main missfires used to be on clyinder 6 prior to switching index 12s and now 6 is totally fine and the issues has moved to primarily one and 2 unless I let it idle for a while and it will also move to cylinder 4. I may end up taking the valve cover off again and check for physical head damage but that seems very unlikely and a potential big waste of time. I'm not sure if this could be ecu related the car is a 135i with a msd80