Twisted tuning

Motiv

Who has tried any of these?

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
I went with Wedge, he is very busy and expected a few days to reply at least and up to a week or more for revisions, but he is very good and will always get back to you. He is probably the most popular tuner for the n54. There are lesser name guys that could be just as good with faster response times but up to you!

Reactions: TheFixer

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Those are the big names that are still involved in the community as well as a few others. Just know that these guys are busy and don't ever expect fast turn around.
I went with Wedge, he is very busy and expected a few days to reply at least and up to a week or more for revisions, but he is very good and will always get back to you. He is probably the most popular tuner for the n54. There are lesser name guys that could be just as good with faster response times but up to you!
@V8bait has done an excellent job tuning my car, along with a few others here with great success. He responds quickly (usually, unless he's busy) and is very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the Intel!

Reactions: NoGuru

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I have enjoyed my tune with @WedgePerformance ... we have a long history of communication with each other. He is busy, for sure, but is able to dial my car in and deal with my email grief. :)

This guy tunes my car and my car rules for that reason.

The DCT has been the only tricky part that we have been trying to figure out. Using @JohnDaviz throttle sensitivity tables has cured most of my issues.

@WedgePerformance has dealt with my non stop requests. 😂 I very much appreciate that. The discussion of being able to further tweak a tune from a tuner arose in my head after needing small changes to my tune over and over and over. I'd like to reduce the load that Ken has from me and be able to tweak those minor changes on my own. I feel horrible writing a new email as it feels like I am giving him a ton of work; not only reading my novels but also needing to tweak the map file...

Regardless, we have worked through most of the issues. His knowledge has made my car flyyyyyyy.

Reactions: TheFixer

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subwoofer

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Word of warning to the guys wanting to go with Wedge; While he is a great tuner, it also means he is a very busy guy and it is generally known that same day/quick replies should NOT be expected.
I mean I haven’t had that experience ? All of this is completely subjective at the end of the day. He replies no problems to me... not sure why, though 🌚