Bmw n54 Problem without Radiator fan

Hollef1

Apr 24, 2022
Switzerland
Ride
Bmw 135i e82 n54
Hello,

I run an aftermarket Radiator Fan. Läßt weekend on track i noticed that the car makes no Power until 4500rpm. My friend runs the Stock fan, we teste at his car without the Fan and Also there no Power until high er rpms. In the ecu ist a fault Code for missing Fan.
Does anybody know how to solve the problem without installing the original Fan?
Is it possible to code out the Fan in the ecu?
Or maybe build a Dummy so that the ecu think the is a Fan installed?
Greetings from Switzerland

Holger

Reactions: racingtech.ch

racingtech.ch

Sep 4, 2023
Switerland
racingtech.ch
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
Hi Holger,

I have the same issue with my aftermarket fan. There is no power under 4500rpm with the oem fan disconnected. I did not found a solution for this problem yet. Hopefully there is someone out there with a solution.

Greetings, Stefan

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
You need to tweak the ecu tune to prevent the limiter. I've seen the same kind of problems with customer cars before, the car will have a torque limit active for cooling mode. The same error can be triggered when you mess with the heater core or AC.

Hollef1

Apr 24, 2022
Switzerland
Ride
Bmw 135i e82 n54
Thanks for your help. Is it possible to do it by myself with tuner pro? Can you tell me what ive to change in the bin file?

racingtech.ch

Sep 4, 2023
Switerland
racingtech.ch
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
I checked the tables in tuner pro but I have to commit that I don't understand how it works. In my opinion there should be a trigger event that bring on the "torque limiting map". So we have to find out:

a) Which trigger is hit due to the missing pwm signal receiver (missing electric radiator fan). Could it be one of these "torque limiting maps breakpoints" (see attached picture)? If the electric fan is disconnected the ecu has the following fault code "2EFE electric fan activation".

b) And due to this trigger event: Which torque limiting map is selected by the ecu? Could it be one of these "torque reduction factor" tables (see attached picture)?

Attachments

• IMG_4896.jpeg
    IMG_4896.jpeg
    505.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I checked the tables in tuner pro but I have to commit that I don't understand how it works. In my opinion there should be a trigger event that bring on the "torque limiting map". So we have to find out:

a) Which trigger is hit due to the missing pwm signal receiver (missing electric radiator fan). Could it be one of these "torque limiting maps breakpoints" (see attached picture)? If the electric fan is disconnected the ecu has the following fault code "41F2 electric fan activation.

b) And due to this trigger event: Which torque limiting map is selected by the ecu? Could it be one of these "torque reduction factor" tables (see attached picture)?
Are your bin and xdf mis-matched? Those tables look jumbled.