BMS BOV ADAPTER REVIEW

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Hindsight ... too many years for me running vacuum side only cars lol. I should make mine better. I like the set screw or machine screw idea, add some sealant to the thread and that should do it.

Filippo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hindsight ... too many years for me running vacuum side only cars lol. I should make mine better. I like the set screw or machine screw idea, add some sealant to the thread and that should do it.

Filippo

Reason I do not like that is to do it correctly you need to drill and tap it which means you have to remove the IM. I know a correctly sized screw will work but if you go too large and crack it you have a whole load of bigger issues now ;)

Another easy/quick solution would be 5 minute epoxy or plastic weld.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I agree but I might be lazy on this and tap that sucker in place. It's a fine thread cut, pretty thin and plastic shavings ... what could go wrong?!?! ... I mean I never have problems with anything else on my car :tonguewink: ... think I'll tap and send it. Waiting for someone to tell me the thread size for the hole (talk about being lazy!)

Filippo

• Love
Reactions: Torgus

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Totally misread his comment. Again..engrish
Yesssssss finally wasnt my post
Reason I do not like that is to do it correctly you need to drill and tap it which means you have to remove the IM. I know a correctly sized screw will work but if you go too large and crack it you have a whole load of bigger issues now ;)

Another easy/quick solution would be 5 minute epoxy or plastic weld.
Silicone is unstoppable if you use good stuff I siliconed a brick to a wood fence at my yard and did pull ups until a larger worker broke the fence , but it still was stuck to the brick. I think plastic weld or silicone with a cap close to the nipple size so looks nice would be perfect maybe even the cap from the plastic weld lol.
The earlier posts should be edited to add at end that their is boost cause that shit had me cross eyed thinking I was dumber than i really am.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I agree but I might be lazy on this and tap that sucker in place. It's a fine thread cut, pretty thin and plastic shavings ... what could go wrong?!?! ... I mean I never have problems with anything else on my car :tonguewink: ... think I'll tap and send it. Waiting for someone to tell me the thread size for the hole (talk about being lazy!)

Filippo

Or....just say F it and use a wood/deck screw you will be good to go my friend!

41GWhIy77nL.jpg

No chance of it cracking the plastic.