APIX2 on EVO HW2.3 ID5/ID6 script fix

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
There's an issue on the Jacinto bootloader side that prevents APIX2 screens from working correctly on SPI/MII on EVO HW2.3 when flashed for ID5/6.

I have not been able to figure out exactly why. At first it appeared that the apix conf files are different and also the baud rate in spi1-apix2.cfg. I've played around with these extensively and was not able to pinpoint the issue to them - this is SPI that I am referring to.

I was not able to get MII to work and did not spend much time on it.

I was able to determine that multiple resets with binary "apixconfig" of the screen when in the "NO SIGNAL" state would bring it back.

This can be replicated by running commands (usually multiple times):

Code:
on -f hu-jacinto apixconfig -t 14 -w 2F 01

Or

on -f hu-jacinto apixconfig -f /etc/apix/hh-apix2-spi-long-out1.conf

Coding values I use are:

Code:
CID_APIX_MODE
    apix2
CID_COLOR_DEPTH
CID_COM_MODE
    spi
APIX_LENGTH_CID
    long

To make it somewhat permanent I wrote a shell script and baked into the existing "/bin/start_screen.sh" on OMAP. It tracks the status of the screen and resets only as needed. Too many resets and you end up with "NO SIGNAL" also.

It's by no means pretty but it does seem to work. I've still got to investigate if black screen happens. I believe it might and additional tracking should be added.

Code:
mode_register=$(on -f hu-jacinto apixconfig -t 14 -r 2D)
apix_mode=$(echo "$mode_register" | tail -c 4)

if [[ "$apix_mode" == "C0 " ]]; then                                                                  ## We're in APIX2 mode

while true; do
      ashell2_register=$(on -f hu-jacinto apixconfig -t 14 -r 45)
      ashell2_status=$(echo "$ashell2_register" | tail -c 4)
      first_digit=$(echo "$ashell2_register" | sed 's/.*DATA: \([0-9]\).*/\1/')

if [[ $first_digit -eq 0 ]]; then                                                              ## e.g 04 or 07
        sleep 1.5
      elif [[ $first_digit -eq 1 ]]; then
        on -f hu-jacinto apixconfig -f /etc/apix/hh-apix2-spi-long-out1.conf
        sleep 0.5
      else
        sleep 0.5
      fi

sleep 0.5
  done
fi

I attached my modified "start_screen". Tested with HU 6829104 18-03 and CID 6822626. Also tested with 23-07 I-level NBTevo_Y23236I.

Obvious disclaimers about bricking things apply...
Would welcome feedback.

Attachments

• start_screen.sh.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: TheNine90