N54 Advanced Throttle Response Mystery

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Could someone please direct me to where I can find an .XDF with the throttle tables that are in the tunerpro screenshot in post #4 by KClemente, I have tried searching around but haven't found anything. I have attached a screenshot of the tables I have in my .XDF, it is missing many of the tables that seem to control the throttle actuation. I have already used the Throttle Correction .XDF and it seems to have helped but there are still scenarios where the throttle seems very delayed, mainly when the tires are spinning and I lift off the throttle, it continues to spin like I'm still on the pedal for another .25 to .5 of a second before it does a gentle roll off. It can be quite scary and dangerous depending on the conditions and generally takes away from my confidence in the car. My car is a '10 335i 6mt. Apologies in advance for the slight hijack and big thanks to all who are helping advance the platform.
Those additional tables won't help.

The reason for your problem is not the DME throttle control if you have symptoms like that. The JB4 is more likely the cause.

Bf33meister

Sep 12, 2021
NJ
Ride
'93 325is, '10 335i ST 6mt
Hi there, attached is the IKM0S Throttle Correction tables

EDIT: I didnt really pay attention to the above, but some XDF are not public and will not be available to everyone but a select few.
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, It seems I am well outside of the master n54 tuners' circle of knowledge but I've come to the right place for info... The throttle liftoff delay I'm experiencing seems like it could be remedied with one of the tables shown in the tunerpro screenshot in post #4. Particularly, "Upper Limit of the Closing Speed Limitation of the Throttle Setpoint" sounds promising. Could anyone steer me in the right direction to acquire one of these .XDFs and join the big boys tuning club? Id love to ditch the artificial smoothness for a more connected experience so I can drive more confidently on the limits of traction.

Bf33meister

Sep 12, 2021
NJ
Ride
'93 325is, '10 335i ST 6mt
6 months later and no .XDFs, man you guys sure can keep a secret! Anyway, I did a long write and changed over to INA0S today and loaded a bin with LSD and Dashpot both zeroed out and wow, this seems to be what I have been chasing. Snow and road salt meant I was restricted to the first two gears down a long driveway but I could instantly tell the difference. I'd recommend this for 6mt cars only because the harshness and lack of filtering probably won't be good for an AT. Further testing is required on my part to make sure gear detection works correctly as the 335is was only available with DCT as far as I am aware. Something interesting that I noticed was that the numbers in the transmission tables as well as the final drive were the same between IJE0S and INA0S even though they had different transmissions and final drive ratios so it may be a non issue. As of now this looks to be a promising solution but I will report back with further results.

Last edited:

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Sorry to bump an older thread, but do the LSD and DASH tables exist for IJE0S? I tried to cross-reference the posted XDF INA0S for IJE0S but could not find a match. It seems for IJE0S this might not exist, but wanted to double check. Thanks in advance.