• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Well, it's getting to be about that time where I need to start preparing to paint the cage. As expected, I'm torn between what color to go with. Now the easiest thing to do would be to spray the interior and cage all one color, say flat black.....but what fun is that. Although I know I'm going to immediately regret not spray bombing it all one color (due to labor involved) I think it will look a whole hell of a lot better if the cage stood out some (interior will be black). @suspenceful did some Photoshop for me a few weeks ago but since then I've been doing a bit of my own.

The "mystery color" is tied to a special project I'm working on, that may or may not mature into something greater (more on this later, hopefully), but I'm always open to suggestions!

Everyone gets two votes (if you choose) so you can pick your #1 and a runner up or the mystery color. Votes for the mystery color (even though you have no clue what it is) will be taken into consideration and forwarded to the involved party of said special project. All I'll say about the special project is that if it becomes a reality, it'll be big :grinning:

Here's a few renders I came up with. Curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Poll closes end of August!

Red

Purple (Instagram and Facebook wants purple)

White

Grey

Black

Blue

Mystery!

Reactions: doublespaces

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Interior is definitely going to be flat black to cut down glare and to help hide imperfections. At the end of the day I have to remind myself that it's a race car, not a show car. With that said, after spending a decent amount on the cage I'd like to show it off a bit you know?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Other - fluorescent orange.
Functionally this is best. In the unfortunate event of a crash you’ll be at best dazed and will need to climb out of the wreckage. This color will help you to see the cage while dazed and confused. :dizzy:

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Second vote for orange. Id go for satin finish so it doesn't reflect.

Or mystery wtf ever that is but I like surprises.