A simple-ish ConnectedDrive server (CICPortal)

Apr 26, 2022
Edmonton, AB
Ride
2007 BMW 335Xi
Thanks for the quick reply. No problem with that. I have downloaded the Github and thanks for building that. I'll read through the files and do as you suggest. Cheers.
Any further update on your progress Arthur635d? I had dropped the personal server path to focus on enabling real time traffic information. I have RTTI via customer phone while in the US but not in Canada yet. I used Navituning, who were super responsive and helpful. They charge a set up fee and a monthly subscription but until I get it working in Canada there is no point for me to continue the subscription. They were also able to initiate an "under construction" message for BMW Online. They sent me a scr.sh file to install using the usb in the center console. I'm not a programmer but thought this might be helpful. I'd have to get OK to share the file and it is specific to my VIN. I don't know what they have as a server but they did say they activated RTTI for Canada. They weren't able to debug why nothing in Canada. It may be that CIC was never provisioned to work in Canada for RTTI. Note: RTTI in CIC is only on major highways so is a far cry from Google maps, but being baked into the system makes it a treat. I've also ordered the Mr12volt MMI Carplay and Android Auto iBus MOST box which doesn't plug into the AUX port so it doesn't compromise the Logic 7 sound system. This will get me RTTI in Canada via Google Maps, Weather, News & Reply to messages. All that to say, I'd still consider creating a personal server to enable BMW Online like functionality.

Arthur635d

Oct 10, 2022
Any further update on your progress Arthur635d? I had dropped the personal server path to focus on enabling real time traffic information. I have RTTI via customer phone while in the US but not in Canada yet. I used Navituning, who were super responsive and helpful. They charge a set up fee and a monthly subscription but until I get it working in Canada there is no point for me to continue the subscription. They were also able to initiate an "under construction" message for BMW Online. They sent me a scr.sh file to install using the usb in the center console. I'm not a programmer but thought this might be helpful. I'd have to get OK to share the file and it is specific to my VIN. I don't know what they have as a server but they did say they activated RTTI for Canada. They weren't able to debug why nothing in Canada. It may be that CIC was never provisioned to work in Canada for RTTI. Note: RTTI in CIC is only on major highways so is a far cry from Google maps, but being baked into the system makes it a treat. I've also ordered the Mr12volt MMI Carplay and Android Auto iBus MOST box which doesn't plug into the AUX port so it doesn't compromise the Logic 7 sound system. This will get me RTTI in Canada via Google Maps, Weather, News & Reply to messages. All that to say, I'd still consider creating a personal server to enable BMW Online like functionality.

Hi justenoughtobedangerous, I read through the github stuff, but haven't had the time for anything else yet. My PCB work is keeping me too busy. So, sorry no updates as yet. However you have reminded me to look at it again so you never know, maybe I can find a little time soon.​

Apr 26, 2022
Edmonton, AB
Ride
2007 BMW 335Xi

Hi justenoughtobedangerous, I read through the github stuff, but haven't had the time for anything else yet. My PCB work is keeping me too busy. So, sorry no updates as yet. However you have reminded me to look at it again so you never know, maybe I can find a little time soon.​

OK, in the meantime if I get a response from volaltd I'll let you know, he's done some excellent work on this.