2011 X3 xDrive35i F25 N55 electrically dead... WTH?

Hashtags

May 13, 2020
Hey ladies and gents,

I'm a BMW noob and recognize I have much to learn when it comes to BMW's so please feel free to correct me!

I did do a search but didn't find anything, so if this or similar issue is posted somewhere else I'm happy to jump over to that thread if you'd be so kind as to point me to it.

I was having an issue with jbe module had a few codes that would not clear and every time I go into the X3 I would get window anti trap error. The rear driver and passenger side windows will not go down or up and they will not reset. Additionally, AC stopped working, rear wiping not working passenger heated seat not working. I tried clear some codes and could not get the window errors on the jbe to clear. This did get the other accessories working for one run, then they'd error back out and it would put additional drain on the battery when turned off. One night it completely drained a new battery, yes it is registered and this started before the new battery. After the new batter was drained, I jump started it and everything was perfect for about 3 or 4 days and then we back to the anti trap errors and a bunch of fault codes. I gave up at this and I'm waiting for my local bmw mechanic take a look at it. While waiting for that appoing I moved the x3 out of the drive way to use another car that has working AC. The X3 sat for 1.5 days, I went out to start it and it was again completely dead. I tried to jump start it and the alarm went off and continues to remain unresponsive.

Could I have tripped some sort of anit theft system? If so, how do I reset that so the will turn on, let alone start?

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Some systems will do a permanent shut down if there are persistent shorts, etc.

Not sure where to go with your issue but that thought jumped in my head.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Maybe jump starting a totally dead battery is a problem as well.

disconnect the battery, Change it fully . Try again.

Hashtags

May 13, 2020
For those interested...
I've figured out what caused the alarm to trip. Before you connect the jumper cables, make sure your proximity key is INSIDE the car, or SAV in this case.

• Informative
Reactions: NoQuarter