Throttle Body Issue?

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Hey Guys,

I've come here to maybe get some help from this forum. The story is rather long, but has a lot of important information that I feel is necessary in assisting the troubleshooting.
Quick Note: I'm leaving names out because I don't want any problems with anyone, I just want my car fixed.

My car was running XHP Stage 3 + MHD E25 OTS at this time. I got into contact with a reputable tuner that's well known to get a custom tune. The first revision was scaled for a 3.5 bar TMAP sensor. This was in February, I did a full pull 20-80 but just looped back around because the car didn't feel right. The following revisions were scaled to Stock TMAP sensor. 3rd revision the car started to get this weird shifting feeling.

This is were the issue began: The issue that I'm having is basically a subtle hesitiation between shifts. It's as if the car were manual and the clutches were disengaging and re-engage really hard. This in turn generates REALLY long shifts, or to actually get back into power.

According to the previous emails this is the first log I had were I "felt" the shift:
3rd into 4th: https://datazap.me/u/forfaded/revision-3-0?log=0&data=23

Here is a video I took at that time:

Then my car began overboosting between shifts, here is that log:
3rd to 4th: https://datazap.me/u/forfaded/log-1521167317?log=0&data=23

Per the tuner: - Looks like the over-boost was happening at the shift.

Quick jump to the present, I got into contact with another reputable tuner that I knew because of a friend. He noted a few things but, I'm assuming just because he didn't want any issues with any other tuner, he said he couldn't help me any further.

1. He mentioned, "IMO the TCU [OF DCT]not only references torque tables but it references voltage in the scaling tables for boost in conjunction with the torque tables. I would assume the same thing applies to the 6AT cars.
2. "No, the voltage part is on the scaling of the MAP sensor."

Now to just get a few things I've shot out of the parts cannon.

1. I've done a full transmission swap with new fluids, with new pan and filter, with a 41000 mile torque converter and 41000 miles on the actual transmission. After that INPA TCU adaptation reset was done, as well as the proper procedures that follow that. I've done the throttle body reset as well.
2. I've swapped the wheel speed senors.
3. I've cleaned and rewrapped the wires that are located inside the shifter that kink and split, as well as positioning them in a more relaxing position.

I'm honestly looking for any help or any knowledge, I'm completely stumped as to what it could be and all my sources (which are relatively knowledgable) are stumped as well. I've attempted to get into contact with the initial tuner but after I presented codes I got and said I had the same problem as prior. I contacted the tuner July 2nd, then July 5th again and the emails just stopped. I emailed him 2 days ago with no response. Just waiting until Monday, but at least wanted to find some other sources of help in the meanwhile.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Look at time stamp 77.32

Throttle position ~30%
Pedal position 99%

Now just pinpoint why throttle closing
Thank you for the reply, I never noticed and neither did anyone else.

Thanks for taking a look, I'll take a look a both of those things and see what I can get figured out.

thatslowe92

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
Ride
FBO BMW 335i e92
Look at time stamp 77.32

Throttle position ~30%
Pedal position 99%

Now just pinpoint why throttle closing
Hey, I ended up replacing the throttle body and did the adaptation reset in MHD. The car began to not have that hesitation between shifts. Then after driving it today it came back after a few hard pulls.

I have no idea what could be it, if there's anyway you could help I'd highly appreciate it.