This new EKP for our cars looks interesting.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Anyone willing to try it, looks cheap and simple.

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92

I saw that too, I'm very interested.
I sent them a message

Reactions: wheela

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .

Have one on the way Marty, for my dual 450s setup , elminate the hobs and the usual fluctuations. Even with exchange rate being crap the dual relay one is great value. A friend has already bunged one in with good results.
Coupled with a 540 pump upgrade.

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Ok so 'finally' got around to doing this install yesterday... works a treat. Super quick to do.

Had an EKP2...trying to hold up a Hobbs switched stage 3 twin 450 setup.
Had already melted some wires and part of the battery top distribution block in the past , so it was overdue.
Failing Hobbs, ekp2 and melted wires a thing of the past.

Out with this thing...in the E92 its behind the passenger seat side back bolster.
20231015_102829.jpg
b..

Then get your speedsty dual relay package out.
20231015_103937.jpg

Then carefully work off the cover of the EKP
20231015_104304.jpg

Then using a t10 , undo the 2 small bolts holding the circuit board to the base plate.
20231015_104659.jpg

Then transfer the Speedsty dual relay EKP over . Note that the heat pad needs to be transfered over. Mine was stuck to the old EKP underside . It is easily peeled away with gentle action and can be placed on the new setup. Remember to note the orientation/pattern, it matches the backing plate, so it's easy to place correctly.
20231015_105140.jpg

Next replace the t10 bolts and remember not to use force to try over tighten them, they can easily strip.
20231015_105343.jpg

Replace the cover , there is an alignment groove to pay attention to so the cover lines up. Easy as.

Afix the Speedsty sticker to the case for an additional 100hp.

20231015_105447.jpg

Now to the car. You will need to access the fuel pump hat. 4 x10mm nuts holding the hat on.

Go into the boot first and feed the wires through to the seat area /fuel pump that need connection to the battery (negative and positive wires are both labeled 'battery') so then you are ready for the next step.

Here you will need to ;
Afix the labeled wires to the positve and negative pump terminal posts. The supplied wires are marked and the instructions are quite clear at this point.
While there , you will note the two wires going to the pump (brown is ground and red/white power in my case) These are originally going into the factory black connector that connects to the EKP. You will need to note them when you plug in the pins for the new wires (in the instructions)
20231015_110833.jpg

Then battery side. Connect the terminal positive lead and while there , stick in the fuse to the plug. I didn't get a cap for some reason (its small so might have fell out somewhere in packing? I am following up as it's better for the fuse to be sealed up but, its not a big deal.
There is reference to a fuse protected link in the instructions but, no diagram so you might be scratching your head as the fuse is loose not fixed inside.
This is the fuse holder end of the wire.
20231015_122348.jpg

20231015_123658.jpg

Below pic is the factory black(flash was on) EKP connector with the two fuel pump wires (brown negative & red/white +ve)
IMPORTANT. This is the view from the "Back" of the connector. The wiring pin configuration on the instructions is to be viewed from the front.
This connector has a top and bottom release tabs which you need a really thin pry tool or flat jewelers to pry from the sides and slightly towards the front (it will flip and hinge from towards the back) These are easy to snap. Then you can plug in the pins in the correct configuration from the supplied diagram. The diagram is viewed from the FRONT not the back(like this picture or where you physically plug in the connectors). The reason I say this is that the picture is confusing but, you definately need to be looking at the font of the connector to get this pin out correct.
Easy done!
20231015_125924.jpg

Pop everything together again. Get your laptop . Download the Speedsty software .
Power on the car.
Connect to the mhd wifi dongle tick wifi on the Speedsty software.
Verify the EKP
Download and then update the firmware
You are ready to go to settings.
In my case I have disabled the ground trigger option.
The default for the 2nd pump is engine torque of 200nm, this is fine for a standard pump as a tip over point.
I am setting mine to somewhere between 350-400nm, since each pump is a 450.
You have other methods for triggering it too.

Overall the install is just a little more time than an EKP change but, with zero coding required. The kit is very simple and cost effective.

The startup priming time can be configured too.
First thing I have already noticed is a slightly better start on the high E mix, than factory.

Will share more experience as it goes on. But, big thumbs up so far.

Last edited:

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Hi, great write up, would be nice to have a comparison between the two upgrades! the alternative can be found here.
I did consider the ET3 but, it was down to the Speedsty or the BMP4.
ET3 is a happy medium, if you really are hung up on primary PWM control - I am not.

Why I went with Speedsty;

More plug and play, no coding
Software - configure triggers and priming (nice for E85 cold starts)
Reliability of the relays over the modified ET3 EKPM with the ET3 still maybe having the occassional 15WUP bus Issues? (Not sure if ET3 version actually solved that)
Throw it in without having to trim/ clear fabric sound proofing for airflow around it.
It can run up to 3 pumps using the ground trigger.

On top of that its also less than half the cost of the ET3. Although cost wasn't really a factor, both are affordable.

ET3 is still great for someone not wanting to go all the way cost wise to BMP4.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I did consider the ET3 but, it was down to the Speedsty or the BMP4.
ET3 is a happy medium, if you really are hung up on primary PWM control - I am not.
I am considering this for my E89 because running a second LPFP in a Z 4 is not (YET) possible due to the location of the tank access cover, so I am looking at running a single 535 with the PFS POD I already have installed.
Why I went with Speedsty;

More plug and play, no coding
What Coding is required? I got the impression that it IS plug and play.
Software - configure triggers and priming (nice for E85 cold starts)
Reliability of the relays over the modified ET3 EKPM with the ET3 still maybe having the occassional 15WUP bus Issues? (Not sure if ET3 version actually solved that)
I have not experienced the 15WUP bus issue you refer to, please share more on this.
Throw it in without having to trim/ clear fabric sound proofing for airflow around it.
It can run up to 3 pumps using the ground trigger.
Not necessary in the Z but I do like the addition of a cooling fan on the ET3.
On top of that its also less than half the cost of the ET3. Although cost wasn't really a factor, both are affordable.

ET3 is still great for someone not wanting to go all the way cost wise to BMP4.
If I could find the BPM4 for the N54 for sale somewhere I would go with this as first choice as it is tried and true! I have one on my F22 and it never skipped a beat!

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Ummm actually dual in-tank pumps has been done by @Chasekilgore in the z4.
Really? can't find anything about it here, do you have a link? For me the challenge would be how to get the PROPER gauge wire through the cover with ZERO fuel leaks. This is the best option I have found which may be able to allow this modification without dangerous fuel leaks occurring above the exhaust pipe.

Attachments

• 6-Pin-Electrical-Bulkhead-Bolt-on-kit.jpg
    6-Pin-Electrical-Bulkhead-Bolt-on-kit.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 6-Pin-Electrical-Bulkhead-Bolt-on-kit (1).jpg
    6-Pin-Electrical-Bulkhead-Bolt-on-kit (1).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Really? can't find anything about it here, do you have a link? For me the challenge would be how to get the PROPER gauge wire through the cover with ZERO fuel leaks. This is the best option I have found which may be able to alloy this modification without dangerous fuel leaks occurring above the exhaust pipe.
I went looking for photos but no luck. But I recall he stuffed two pumps in a stock bucket. I'll look again.

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
I am considering this for my E89 because running a second LPFP in a Z 4 is not (YET) possible due to the location of the tank access cover, so I am looking at running a single 535 with the PFS POD I already have installed.

Makes sense if you go a single fuel pump.

What Coding is required? I got the impression that it IS plug and play.

You will notice that ET3 has the coding required in the instructions , not to worry its the same process for replacing the stock EKPM , you have to code it to the car. If you have the software downloaded there are youtube vids showing you how to.

I have not experienced the 15WUP bus issue you refer to, please share more on this.

The 15WUP is likely to be a non issue with the ET3 , pretty sure it's not a problem.

If I could find the BPM4 for the N54 for sale somewhere I would go with this as first choice as it is tried and true! I have one on my F22 and it never skipped a beat!

Crap you are right ! Just checked and EOSpeed is sold out? Did you check if they are placing ad-hoc orders still?

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I went looking for photos but no luck. But I recall he stuffed two pumps in a stock bucket. I'll look again.
I did see the photos where he Y’d them together but I am more interested in how he did the wiring, dual pumps will definitely require a wire upgrade.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020

Crap you are right ! Just checked and EOSpeed is sold out? Did you check if they are placing ad-hoc orders still?

The BPM4 is really made by TORQUE BYTE and supplied to EOS who provides the software on their site. I do not know what their arrangement is but the BPM4 is available on TB’s site and I am sure they can easily set up any BMW software wise. I have had a fair bit of interaction with them in the past since I use their water /meth ( best on the market!) controller too, they are very knowledgeable and great to work with!

dfbpurcell

Oct 27, 2023
BPM4 hasn't been available on the EOS site for years. It has always shown "sold out". They never replied to my emails trying to get one