Syvecs setup and tuning

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
So I'm probably going to be going with Syvecs in the long run and I wanted to meet with the local Syvecs shop. I have no experience in the Syvecs world and no idea about who the local guys were and what their capabilities are. Looking on the Syvecs website I found a dealer/tuner that was only 15mi away from my house. I was going to just email them, but thought that if they didn't know anything about the N54 or the released N54 PNP kit they would have time to search and craft a response to me and I wouldn't get a good feel for their capabilities. So I thought about calling, but they could still put me on hold etc. So, what better way than driving 15mi to their shop and showing up unannounced with some questions.

The website was sparse and "under construction". So I wasn't expecting much when I was pulling up...but a full 18 wheeler sitting in their lot with an enclosed car carrier made me perk up. That's a serious rig for carrying around serious race cars. When I opened the door there were two cash counter machines (think drug dealer style) on the counter. That was something I've never seen at a car tuner. And off to the right there were several Labmo TT kits mocked up for display. OK, we are definitely at the right place.

The sales guy I spoke with said he wouldn't talk Syvecs for fear of misrepresenting something, that was Wayne's ball. He said his Syvecs guy was out of the country in Brazil tuning some cars but would be back in a couple weeks. He asked if I knew of, or heard of, Wayne Potts...that's their guy. At this point I had not. The sales guy said I should look him up, he's considered a God in the tuning/electrical engineering world and he's sure Wayne can do anything I needed. I thought, "sure buddy" gave them my contact info and he asked if I wanted to see inside their shop.

Holy fuck.

There were about 25 Lambo's of various persuasions in various stages of build in that shop. Right in front of me was a blue Huracan TT. I pointed to it and asked about it. 2000+hp syvecs tuned by Wayne. OK...that's got my attention. They explained a few of the cars and asked me to come back in a couple weeks when Wayne would be back.

I got home and I found this is tuned by the tuner I was skeptical of just 15min from my house:

Turns out Mr. Potts is *the guy* in the Syvecs world when you need some extreme tuning (pun intended) done. That's why he's out of the country in Brazil tuning cars for them right now.

Also according to the sales guy he said a "certain level" of support and tuning are required to be supplied upon the sale of a Syvecs. I don't know if that means included in the purchase price or what but I'm not sure if I can afford this guy's time hahahaaha... Here's some more of Wayne's work:

I'll come back and update this post after I talk to Wayne and get his input on how and when I should incorporate the PNP kit into my build.

Reactions: R.G. and Abacus38

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I'm amazed people would pay with cash for such a large transaction...but perhaps they can't keep it in a bank for obvious reasons.

I like they had two cash counting machines because...you know how they are so slow...

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I'm amazed people would pay with cash for such a large transaction...but perhaps they can't keep it in a bank for obvious reasons.

I like they had two cash counting machines because...you know how they are so slow...
When some people street race for cash (in the thousands) they generally don't report that income and put it in a bank therefore pay for things in cash often.:D

Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
When some people street race for cash (in the thousands) they generally don't report that income and put it in a bank therefore pay for things in cash often.:D

You gotta be winning a TON of street races to be paying for TT lambo builds ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they money is coming from somewhere else...

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
A little birdy just texted me that Syvecs is having a Black Friday deal on the N54 pnp kit. I'll give you contact info if you want to jump on it.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
A little birdy just texted me that Syvecs is having a Black Friday deal on the N54 pnp kit. I'll give you contact info if you want to jump on it.

Lol i wish. Im half tempted to throw it on the credit card but that would be incredibly stupid on my part.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
15mi from the "go to guy" is a nice coincidence. When you talk to Wayne, can you ask him his thoughts on the late model e-diff from the Bavarians and if it is something that can be tweeked to be more P1-esq? In other words rather than simply straightening a slide aiding in turning the car. Keep us posted!

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
15mi from the "go to guy" is a nice coincidence. When you talk to Wayne, can you ask him his thoughts on the late model e-diff from the Bavarians and if it is something that can be tweeked to be more P1-esq? In other words rather than simply straightening a slide aiding in turning the car. Keep us posted!

I'll ask, but I wouldn't hold out hope there. Remember, the Syvecs replaces the DME and controls the engine and in some strange capacity the DCT if you have one of those (that's what I want Wayne to explain to me). The e-diff is controlled by other systems (I believe the ABS is the e-diff actuation system) and I'm doubtful if the DME (or Syvecs) would have much influence on their function.

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
I am both a dealer and tuner of the N54 Syvecs kit (as posted on their website). If you are in Texas, Wayne Potts is your guy. I have known Wayne personally for about 6 years now. if he is traveling (he comes back home to texas a lot) he can still remote tune the car on a rented dyno with wifi. If you have questions or have trouble resourcing these guys let me now.

Reactions: dyezak and Abacus38