Technical Strange Piston Markings

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
Hey all,

Creating another post as I try diagnose the issue my problem. I pulled all my plugs out today and took a photo with my mechanic camera thing bob lol.. All spark plugs look awesome, nice and grey, no obvious issues, but.. The tops of my pistons look terrible from what I can tell, does anyone mind having a look at my photos and let me know if they see anything terrible.

Just trying to find the loss of my performance.

Cheers

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
The photos

Attachments

• image22.jpeg
    image22.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 23
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 28

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Hard to tell anything from those photos.

You could get a leak-down test done, that would tell you if there's any issues with the valves not seating.
Your issue isn't a common one and doesn't seem like a simple electrical failure so you've got to start looking at the mechanical issues.

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
Hard to tell anything from those photos.

You could get a leak-down test done, that would tell you if there's any issues with the valves not seating.
Your issue isn't a common one and doesn't seem like a simple electrical failure so you've got to start looking at the mechanical issues.
Hey, ah bugger yeah sorry about the photos, the display on the camera was not very good lol... Yes! A leak down test actually would actually tell me if it's something to do with it... Yeah, it's definitely nothing electrical, I do have to say, this is the oddest issue ever and I've never been able to fix it regardless what I do.

Today when I put my footdown there just wasn't any torque felt, always feels like the car struggles to accelerate, but something very odd I noticed was that, everytime I put injector cleaner through the tank, it actually runs pretty good for a while, meaning it accelerates nice and WAY smoother... So... Could that be injectors maybe?? Along with valves causing double trouble lol.