Speedtech EFR 7670 on e84 X1

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
SOOOOO @wheela did you order the turbo kit?
I'm trying my best, 3 un-answered emails to Jeff looking for details of how to purchase, since it's no longer listed on the site.

He's told me he's got the parts to put one more of these kits together for me, but since he's been working on the top-mount n54, and now trying to get the top-mount n55 kit released, he's mentioned those are his priority. So i'm kind of at the mercy of waiting for when it's convenient for him to put the kit together for me. I'm trying to balance polite reminders without being a pest. Because I hate feeling like a pest. I'm really anxious to give him money for those parts he's got on the shelf, haha! I just keep telling myself the best things come to those who wait... 😐😐😐

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I believe you and @RuskiRacer are local to jeff, you could drive on over and pick the parts up locally. It'll probably save jeff some time as well.
Yeah it would be a good idea to mention that your local and that you wouldn't mind coming to pick up your parts possibly. He likes the local guys that run his products

Reactions: wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Yeah it would be a good idea to mention that your local and that you wouldn't mind coming to pick up your parts possibly. He likes the local guys that run his products
Maybe I'll mention that in my next email. I'll just throw it out as an option I'm open to if that way is easier for him.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
@wheela What are your power goals? Also are the X1's equipped with the 8speed?
I think with this kit you can get into the 450 - 500 whp range on 93 before running out of octane, so that's my goal. I suspect I'll run out of HPFP before getting there, so phase 2 will probably be a Dorch stage 2 HPFP upgrade. Not sure if I'll need an upgraded LPFP or not, I know on n55 e-chassis (newer piston style HPFP) we run out of HPFP before LPFP. I'll probably wait and see if I run into fueling issues with the bigger HPFP and only upgrade the LPFP if necessary.

I've got the old trusty zf 6 speed. Any ideas how to tell 6hp19 vs. 6hp21? I'm guessing 6hp21 since the 6hp19 is only rated to like 295 ft*lb or something like that. From reading, I think I'll be in an okay power range for the 6hp21🤷‍♂️?

I sent my 6th reminder email this morning😐 I mentioned potentially stopping by his shop in my previous email. 🦗🦗🦗

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Sweet, are you really gonna make your own kit?
Yes gonna be dropping a longblock off at my local fab guy (jackfab) look him up on insta or YouTube. I will help design the kit while he does all the welding. Gonna design the kit to use a 10an billet extended oil drain so drain lines don't get cooked so bad and have good wastegate prioritization in mind. Not sure if I will be offering my kit with water cooled turbos. Probably just gonna stick to oil cooled turbos to keep simplicity high and cost low .

• Love
Reactions: Torgus and wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
@RuskiRacer replied for me lol. Yea once ruski's kit is out ill definitely be running it. Curious why you were asking?
Well, I didn't know about Ruski's kit - but if you had been in contact with speedtech about picking up their kit, I was going to see if you could ask him about getting back to that persistent X1 guy that keeps pinging him about the EFR kit😉

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Kinda blows my mind how unresponsive Jeff is with some people
So I'm not the only one? I feel a little better then.

But yeah, the last response was 6 or 7 emails ago, and that response was after I think 4 unanswered emails? I wait at least 1 week between emails to not be a pest. He mentioned it would be a long timeline, but I didn't expect so many messages to go un-answered.

With leadtimes, I'd like to get ot ordered in time to receive it, install it, tune it, and enjoy it a bit before winter arrives.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
So I'm not the only one? I feel a little better then.

But yeah, the last response was 6 or 7 emails ago, and that response was after I think 4 unanswered emails? I wait at least 1 week between emails to not be a pest. He mentioned it would be a long timeline, but I didn't expect so many messages to go un-answered.

With leadtimes, I'd like to get ot ordered in time to receive it, install it, tune it, and enjoy it a bit before winter arrives.
yeah I hear ya summer is so short in Minnesota that having to wait majority of the summer really is a buzzkill

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
@wheela have you considered the new pure stage 3 for the N55
A little, I like how little modification is needed to fit it in, but it's a little big for my goals, and my heart is set on an EFR for the gamma titanium turbine and BB CHRA. I can't say for sure I'd notice a difference in response, but if I don't go EFR and aren't totally happy with response I'll be extremely bummed knowing I didn't get the most responsive option for a given turbo size. If i'm shelling out a bunch of cash, I'd rather shell out more for what I really want.

So I have no leverage in this situation - that EFR kit is really the only thing I want.

I can't complain too much, he's kind of doing me a favor already by agreeing to sell me a kit he's discontinued. It's a good thing I initially reached out last August before he disconitnued it. Granted I was feeling it out back then, and only got approval from the wife this January😉

Reactions: CalvinNismo