Speedtech EFR 7670 on e84 X1

wheela

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
That's a big win, I don't get why he won't just sell you it and let you be on your way. See I'm concerned I'm going to give him my money and then be forced to wait without answers
I hear you. All the comments you see online are how awesome and helpful he is, so I feel like i'm a one-off for some reason, but who knows🤷‍♂️

As a businessman, he should be glad for the opportunity to convert some non-moving inventory into cash.

• Agree
Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Vendor
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I hear you. All the comments you see online are how awesome and helpful he is, so I feel like i'm a one-off for some reason, but who knows🤷‍♂️

As a businessman, he should be glad for the opportunity to convert some non-moving inventory into cash.
Yes seems like an odd situation hopefully he just can sell you the parts lol

Reactions: wheela

wheela

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Why doesn't he sell you the parts and let the person who's gonna be installing them and tuning them deal with figuring it out? Unless the parts are part of the issue which i wouldn't understand why?
I told him that exact thing in my response. I told him no worries barring defective or missing kit parts, installation is between me and my installer, and tuning between me and whoever I pick to tune it.

wheela

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Yeah, it's starting to make me wonder if there is some issue with the kit, because he's really pushing me away from it. I don't get it.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Vendor
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah, it's starting to make me wonder if there is some issue with the kit, because he's really pushing me away from it. I don't get it.
Yes that is a little concerning. Maybe there is some issues with the bracketing? Should be pretty straught forward the dme should be able tool control the efr pretty flawlessly so I honestly don't quite get it

• Agree

wheela

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Yes that is a little concerning. Maybe there is some issues with the bracketing? Should be pretty straught forward the dme should be able tool control the efr pretty flawlessly so I honestly don't quite get it
On forums i've seen 1 or 2 guys who burned a hole in the silicone outlet tube where it contacted the manifild, but it sounds like they didn't have the compressor housing clocked right so it hit. And it looks like the new external gate bottom mount kits have the same style silicone outlet hose, so it seems between clocking right, and thermal wrap, it should be managable. Plus it seems like that's a risk on the new external gate kits too, so doesn't seem like a reason to push me away from the EFR kit.

Also, the engine coolant hose under the manifold is silicone, so probably need some good heat wrap there too - though I haven't seen any posted issues with that hose.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Vendor
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
On forums i've seen 1 or 2 guys who burned a hole in the silicone outlet tube where it contacted the manifild, but it sounds like they didn't have the compressor housing clocked right so it hit. And it looks like the new external gate bottom mount kits have the same style silicone outlet hose, so it seems between clocking right, and thermal wrap, it should be managable. Plus it seems like that's a risk on the new external gate kits too, so doesn't seem like a reason to push me away from the EFR kit.

Also, the engine coolant hose under the manifold is silicone, so probably need some good heat wrap there too - though I haven't seen any posted issues with that hose.
That is what i have noticed about the speedtech kits. They run the coolant hose so close to the manifold I have always been concerned about that. But I think with proper clocking the outlet shouldn't be anything to worry about