F2X Rev Shift Mounts

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Hi all, anyone running the Rev Shift upgraded ( black) street mounts on their motor and transmission? How harsh is it? I currently have the VTT inserts and I hate them.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hi all, anyone running the Rev Shift upgraded ( black) street mounts on their motor and transmission? How harsh is it? I currently have the VTT inserts and I hate them.

Did you raise your idle rev to say 900-1000?

I have the Revshift Black motor mounts with Rouge engineering trans mounts and I think they are great. Basically very little NVH. Now, at stock idle they are not so nice.

I run 1000rpm idle.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

dubgtr

Nov 4, 2021
I have the green engine mounts and black Trans mounts. I really need to raise my idle. I'm in the process of a bunch of upgrades at once.
First I did the mounts. Started the engine, and was reminded immediately of every car I've had with solid mounts. My second thought was, "this is no longer a bmw driving experience." My blood runs performance so I enjoy the vibration of the dash a bit, the feeling of the engine in the seat. For people who don't feel that way? Nope. Get new factory engine mounts, and maybe revshift Trans mounts.
Next I did the clutch. Clutch masters fx850-dlx. This REALLY changes the idle increase necessity. At idle it sounds like someone dropped a handful of bolts into the valve cover. It actually reminds me of when I worked at VW and a 1.8t would come in with a cam adjuster problem. That's what the noise resembles, only much louder.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I have the green engine mounts and black Trans mounts. I really need to raise my idle. I'm in the process of a bunch of upgrades at once.
First I did the mounts. Started the engine, and was reminded immediately of every car I've had with solid mounts. My second thought was, "this is no longer a bmw driving experience." My blood runs performance so I enjoy the vibration of the dash a bit, the feeling of the engine in the seat. For people who don't feel that way? Nope. Get new factory engine mounts, and maybe revshift Trans mounts.
Next I did the clutch. Clutch masters fx850-dlx. This REALLY changes the idle increase necessity. At idle it sounds like someone dropped a handful of bolts into the valve cover. It actually reminds me of when I worked at VW and a 1.8t would come in with a cam adjuster problem. That's what the noise resembles, only much louder.

In my experience, similar to yours with the clutch as well btw, 900-1k rpm idle things start to smooth right out. I flashed the other day a new map and had stock idle rev and it reminded me how shitty the car sounds down there. Vibrations from the MM and the clutch sounds like something is broken(which people have literally told me to my face). Reflashed at 1k idle and all is good again.

• Agree
Reactions: GreyNBlueE92

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
You want rubber mounts for the trans. Rogue Engineering.
These seem a lot softer then the Revshift mounts in my car currently. Hopefully they make the car a little quieter on the inside

8677D2C5-900E-4C98-A182-8D6BB593C29E.jpeg

Attachments

• 3B405E42-679E-4509-B44D-AD58D09AA1BA.jpeg
    3B405E42-679E-4509-B44D-AD58D09AA1BA.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 11

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Plus everyone thinks harder is always better. Stiffer is always better. That's why hordes buy suspension setups that beat them to death, while claiming their cars handle so much better and the manufactures are so excellent lol.....

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
6MT I used stiffer rubber, I think they're AKG, with the aluminum cups they make to limit movement. I also run the green revshift motor mounts and a twin disc ceramic unsprung Xclutch. With my Idle raised to 1100-1150 it drives similar to stock.

A little noise from the A/C when it's on but in terms of NVH it's not that bad imo. Although NVH is certainly subjective... Most of what I've read says to stick with rubber trans mounts, especially on 6MT and DCT. I don't think engine mounts are as big of a deal on our cars cuz i6s are smooth engines without much vibration.

Stiffer mounts made my car feel much tighter and you'll notice an increase in engine noise, although not in a bad way. As well as when going around corners the trans seems much more solid, shifts more precise, like there's less movement from the entire trans and the shifter stays in place better.

Maybe I'm crazy but those 3 mods changed my car completely, for the better. Feels much more connected, engine sounds are better, and the car seems more planted in the turns. Power comes on without delay unlike with the stock dmfw and softer mounts that were allowed to flex. Hope that helps.

Please excuse the book I just wrote 😂
I just think there's much more to this than just the mounts themselves. Other parts play into the NVH people are experiencing and everybody's build is different, what works for one might not work for the other, so I give as much info as I can.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I did the black revshift motor and trans mounts recently and absolutely love them. Raised my idle to 800 and it vibrates a little bit at idle but I like it. Driving at normal and wot is where it’s great; everything feels more crisp imo. I feel the motor more through the steering wheel and I enjoy hearing/ feeling the transmission doing it’s thing (not a good description but I don’t know how else to put it). But 100% there is some nvh, for me, in a good way, after setting the idle to 800.