M

Datalog One Time Hiccup around 3k-4k When Load is First Applied (possible connectivity issue?)

Mfatse

Oct 7, 2021
Mfatse submitted a new graph:

One Time Hiccup around 3k-4k When Load is First Applied (possible connectivity issue?)

I have a fbo w/ inlets 335xi (N54) and am experiencing a one time “hiccup” if you want to call it that, when full load is first applied between 3k-4K rpm.

When taking a look at the logs, you can see there is a “gap” at the start of the second pull. The lines are just “dragged” through a time interval which leads me to think it’s a loose connection somewhere. However with this said, this issue only really occurs at lower rpm when load is first applied, and does not continue through the pull.

I have attached a csv file and posted a datazap link of a log which shows two pulls. In the first pull you can see where the RPMs drop around @4K ( hiccup/miss I was talking about) and the second pull you can see the “dragged” lines I was referring to, which is where the second hiccup/miss occurred. If you select the “time” data point in the chart you will see a bump…I would love to hear everyone’s consensus on what this might be because I am at a loss. Outside of the issue mentioned, the car runs and drives perfectly and has been maintained to the 9s. Every common failure point on these cars has been replaced due to my ocd lol.

First time poster here so I do apologize for not following the standard etiquette!!

View this graph...

Last edited by a moderator:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The bump in the time means there was no data point for a slightly longer period of time, however this may be some sort of internal issue with MHD because it wouldn't actually read both of those samples at the same exact time. So rather than loose wire, my guess would be some sort of quirk with the way MHD does its logging?

Stutters/misfires on load onset could be ignition related perhaps.

Mfatse

Oct 7, 2021
The bump in the time means there was no data point for a slightly longer period of time, however this may be some sort of internal issue with MHD because it wouldn't actually read both of those samples at the same exact time. So rather than loose wire, my guess would be some sort of quirk with the way MHD does its logging?

Stutters/misfires on load onset could be ignition related perhaps.
Thanks for the reply! I had ordered a fresh set of plugs and coils since that’s the go to Med pack for N54’s when they start to experience a slight miss. Will report back when they go in!

Reactions: doublespaces