Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Flame suit on

What Is the benefit of ferrera valve train ? Or is it just not big difference in price if replacing? I didn't think our valve train limited anything cause n54 isn't a screamer anyway

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Great write up, I recently just asked Mauricio yesterday i belive, why there are no reviews of his product. They said they ship out a few motors each week.

Reactions: MRE19862

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Would you mind elaborating on factors that made you choose MMP over other vendors offering built engine services?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Mind sharing how much this cost you? How much off did you receive for posting positive reviews on the forums. There is literally no logical reason anyone would choose MMP for a built motor with the other options out there and the quality of MMP's other products and their customer service history.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Why did you just send your motor back? Was it because of cracked cylinder? P.S You're not the only one with expensive build:D

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Great write up, I recently just asked Mauricio yesterday i belive, why there are no reviews of his product. They said they ship out a few motors each week.

Few engines per week? That is pretty impressive to say the least, if factual that is likely twice or more engines shipped per week as every other USA N54 engine builder combined. Must be one hell of an operation.

Rob

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
He said 1-2 orders every week. And 1-2 shipped every week. = goddamn!!!!

I guess I'm confused. What is the difference between saying 1-2 orders for an engine per week vs 1-2 engines shipped per week? Unless those orders are cancelling it means the same thing unless this is the first week he has been shipping orders. And in that case, 1-2 orders per week is meaningless when that is an average over one week.

Maybe someone can clear that up for me, admittedly I'm a bit lost.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
I belive it is meant as,he is selling 1-2 motors each week, and just as fast as they sale. 1-2 additional orders come in.Which is why it begs the question on finding no reviews. I inquired on Sunday. I received an almost immediate response from Mauricio.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Glad the OP has found a good working motor, hopefully it is tough as hell and lasts forever. Initial feedback is looking promising for sure. IMO this is a tough business segment as there are so many unknowns and many over time seem to find issues, and it would be very rough to absorb "re-doing" engine builds for the mistakes potentially made by others. So mad respect for anyone wishing to jump into the market, and hopefully it all works out with time.

On another note we've always found it odd that MMP's claims of productivity tend to get to hundreds over years whereas other long timers maybe doing tens over years. That is either a ton of manpower, a very intensive work schedule, some extreme combination of both; or a bit of embellishment. Precision builds (whether engines or turbos) take a LOT of time and hopefully that is what is being done... for everyones sake.

Rob

Last edited:

MMP

Private
Nov 10, 2016
Houston, Texas
LOL at Rob in here trolling as usual.

Thanks for the kind words, OP reached out to me saying he was so happy with the process and build and I suggested he post his thoughts as Just that week I had received an email that a potential customer was having trouble locating reviews.

What can I say business is good. We seem to be getting alot more N55s recently usually due to spun bearings but we still get a good amount of N54s. I am happy so many people choose MMP, maybe due to finding us easily on google, great warranty on the engine, great options and great prices. It is hard to keep up with at times so many engines but we do everything we can to keep up and have several people working on it. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]. We are here for all your engine build needs and also twin turbo needs as well as many other exciting products such as airflow and fueling.

-Mauricio

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Thanks for the kind words, OP reached out to me saying he was so happy with the process and build and I suggested he post his thoughts as jsut that week I had received an email that a potential customer was having trouble locating reviews.

What can I say business is good. We seem to be getting alot more N55s recently usually due to spun bearings but we still get a good amount of N54s. I am happy so many people choose MMP, maybe due to finding us easily on google, great warranty on the engine, great options and great prices. It is hard to keep up with at times so many engines but we do everything we can to keep up and have several people working on it. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]. We are here for all your engine build needs and also twin turbo needs as well as many other exciting products such as airflow and fueling.

-Mauricio

As you own an N54 yourself(or did) do you have a dyno of your MMP1ks getting anywhere near 1000HP? I think it would help sell alot more if people could find dynos above 800whp. Everything I have seen, afaik, is under 800whp.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride

Well since you are here perhaps you can clarify, this program has been intact for almost a year now (or more)... was the above "trolling" comment I'd made incorrect? Do you have 100 or so built motors out there these days? Or how about some roundaboutly correct number (ie. 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, etc)? The report that was given insinuates you are flailing them out the door like hot cakes week in and week out, having personally built motors in the past this ultimately seems like a long stretch.

Other than that the comment above I'd offered mad props, as I can see this eventually causing grief for any builder regardless of skill levels and/or components utilized due to some inherent N54 issues along with the potential of abuse and/or neglect by owners around the world rocking a "bulletproof" N54 (in their eyes). So best of luck.

Rob

MMP

Private
Nov 10, 2016
Houston, Texas
the troll will go unanswered lol :kissing:

What has been posted in this thread is correct. We currently get 1-2 orders per week and ship 1-2 engines per week.

• Dumb
Reactions: fredcase