Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Man you guys a brutal on here. I'm trying to help others who arnt sure who to go with so I wrote my experience since there were none in feburary when I was making my decision. regardless if he asked me to right one or not this is meant to help others not say you must go MMP. like I said I got no discount for this post I just wanted to show what I got and how it sounds and revs. there will be driving videos sooner or later on my you tube channel but unfortunately the people making power on these cars know you always find the next issue or failing part. (Life I'd say lol)
I was pointing out that no one did or said anything with mal intent and this was unfortunately just stuff snowballing .I was actually trying to defend you and just cause you guys were on opposite ends of debate "nicest way to put it "doesnt mean anything bad.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
How did the sound of the engine change when it was built?

Like how can I tell when I hear a built n54? This could really help people man. Someone could claim their engine is built when it is not.

Again the engine sounding different is the 1st time i have ever heard of it. I dont doubt you. I just really want to know more.

I'm honestly really curious can you please comment and explain?

Edit: I'm like you man. I turn my own wrenches. I installed my single turbo etc. on my own car. I didn't pay a shop to do it. I also have alot invested into my ride. I have a 6466 and I will push it. I will probably need at some point tobuy a built block. I want to know more.
Pretty sure bigger valves can change the sound , the sleeves def change harmonics as we know proof is in fact people have problems with knock sensors on built engines and last is any changes in compression ratio if their were any will make change .
Also even a fresh stock everything just real tight tolerances and good compression in each cylinder with nice clean valves will sound sharper and maybe a little meaner than an older tired motor which may be down on compression.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
I was pointing out that no one did or said anything with mal intent and this was unfortunately just stuff snowballing .I was actually trying to defend you and just cause you guys were on opposite ends of debate "nicest way to put it "doesnt mean anything bad.

It is always humorous how little it takes for the forum lover boys to get their panties in a bunch. We only were pointing out that after someone initially posted about MMP stating that they were pumping out 3 engines per week, regardless of if they are N54/N55 builds or from OE to mild to wild, that it seemed a bit unlikely. Rebuilding an engine (regardless of Hi-Po parts utilized) takes a ton of time to do correctly, and it would take a very elaborate operation to perform that kind of output week in and week out and from start to finish.

Ultimately do not think anything that was said was incorrect, and to be candid we've never built one single N54/N55 engine so more power to anyone who does. Then when you question for some roundabout approximate number of engines rebuilt, to demonstrate the experience that has been accrued, you are a "troll". Honestly do not care if the number is 1 or 2 or 4 or 100, just would be nice to actually see things told how they actually are (for once) on the internet. Instead the masses are left with "We build a TON of engines, 1-2 a week", with nothing more to substantiate it.

Rob

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Good lord this thread is a shitshow.

I'm not sure who's being more head ass here Rob or OP. Rob I'm not even gonna get into since everyone is familiar with his asinine troll posts which add basically no value to any thread he stumbles upon (unless it's PCV... but he managed to make an ass of himself in that thread too).

I'm just going to come out and say that this "review post" is extremely fishy. Mauricio has a history of exchanging public reviews for discounts. Did it with a guy named Brett for the new (at the time) stage 3 turbos. An equally lackluster "review" post was made in that circumstance showing basically a half throttle highway pull with turbo/blowoff noises. No hp figures, no logs, no mileage / longevity data, nothing *useful*.

OP's post is the same, just videos of free revving the car without any actual useful information besides what was purchased. Written like an advertisement for MMP. Designed to generate hype.

When you hear this motor in person everyone can tell its built.

This is straight up stupidity. I have a built N54 and so do many others. None of them have any audible sound differences from a stock motor with the same setup, maybe less valvetrain noises from being freshly built but that's it. Joe P. had one of the first cammed, 8k rpm N54s and it idled like a stock motor with an exhaust. Unless you mean people think a loud exhaust = built, which is equally stupid.

I really wish people would stop posting premature reviews. Wait until you actually have data / some longer term experience with the product not "2k miles no issue must be good". Then everyone buys into the hype and if the product has issues down the road everyone suffers.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Alright, you wanna call names, let's play. Lemme just head over to your profile right quick MRE.

This thread posted: Tuesday
Other content besides this thread: none

es-090517-thinking-face-emoji-1504643347.jpg

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
User has incurred a warning infraction for using a named insult.
For some reason ole veer90 is showing up in the quoted replies, very funny he is now trolling this MMP supporter. Especially as he used to be a serious MMP nut hugger, pretty sure he had every MMP product available at one point. And boy would he hate on RB anytime he'd raise the eyebrow on MMP in any way shape or form.

Now look at him with no more MMP turbos installed and calling out the OP for the "out of no where and premature" MMP engine build review. Who's next langsbr?

Got to love how time always brings forth the full circle chain of events.

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Nice meltdown.

MMP should pick more level headed people to give reviews of their products. I know you can't pick your customers and control that...

Anyways it should be expected people will have questions when they read a review. This is the 1st mmp engine review I have seen. Glad to see them out in the wild being beaten on. Litterally. The more quality options, assuming it is time will tell, the better for the consumers as prices will go down with competition. A win win for all.

I dont think I've ever seen someone so offended over nothing. I'm guessing the OP is a liberal millennial snowflake ;)

OP chill out. It's just a forum. If you can't handle it go back to Facebook. You know, where all the technical discussions take place.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
User has incurred a warning infraction for using a vulgar/profane named insult.
So bitch ass convert who has me “blocked” makes the effort to unblock me and still read my post, then continue with the frivolous commenting lol. Loser.

• Dumb
Reactions: The Convert

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
User has incurred a warning infraction for using a vulgar/profane insult.
For some reason ole veer90 is showing up in the quoted replies, very funny he is now trolling this MMP supporter. Especially as he used to be a serious MMP nut hugger, pretty sure he had every MMP product available at one point. And boy would he hate on RB anytime he'd raise the eyebrow on MMP in any way shape or form.

Now look at him with no more MMP turbos installed and calling out the OP for the "out of no where and premature" MMP engine build review. Who's next langsbr?

Got to love how time always brings forth the full circle chain of events.

Nut hugger? Excuse you, dick bag.

There is a difference between listing my setup and promoting it. I don't endorse MMP because frankly I don't trust him. I only report on my experiences as you often claim to do. This distrust was based on a mere hunch well before the injector debacle / built engine copy-paste surfaced.

I built my motor late 2016 - early 2017. I strongly debated getting an MMP head but decided not to.

My posting 692 whp I made on those turbos was a shout out to V8bait more than anything for going above and beyond to tune my setup. I never trusted MMP engine work from day one which is why I called out this extremely questionable "review". MRE having a meltdown is just icing on top of the shit sandwich.

You wish I was a nut hugger just because I call you out on your asinine bull shit. Go fill that huge backlog of orders Rob. Someone quote me so he can see this.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
It is always humorous how little it takes for the forum lover boys to get their panties in a bunch. We only were pointing out that after someone initially posted about MMP stating that they were pumping out 3 engines per week, regardless of if they are N54/N55 builds or from OE to mild to wild, that it seemed a bit unlikely. Rebuilding an engine (regardless of Hi-Po parts utilized) takes a ton of time to do correctly, and it would take a very elaborate operation to perform that kind of output week in and week out and from start to finish.

Ultimately do not think anything that was said was incorrect, and to be candid we've never built one single N54/N55 engine so more power to anyone who does. Then when you question for some roundabout approximate number of engines rebuilt, to demonstrate the experience that has been accrued, you are a "troll". Honestly do not care if the number is 1 or 2 or 4 or 100, just would be nice to actually see things told how they actually are (for once) on the internet. Instead the masses are left with "We build a TON of engines, 1-2 a week", with nothing more to substantiate it.

Rob
1 review left by the OP has been my only source of reviews in my searching.I reached out to MMP direct and mentioned there wasn’t any reviews to go off of. Kudos for being proactive and reaching out to past customers. Dont let the kids get you man.

Reactions: MRE19862 and veer90

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Nut hugger? Excuse you, dick bag.

There is a difference between listing my setup and promoting it. I don't endorse MMP because frankly I don't trust him. I only report on my experiences as you often claim to do. This distrust was based on a mere hunch well before the injector debacle / built engine copy-paste surfaced.

I built my motor late 2016 - early 2017. I strongly debated getting an MMP head but decided not to.

My posting 692 whp I made on those turbos was a shout out to V8bait more than anything for going above and beyond to tune my setup. I never trusted MMP engine work from day one which is why I called out this extremely questionable "review". MRE having a meltdown is just icing on top of the shit sandwich.

You wish I was a nut hugger just because I call you out on your asinine bull shit. Go fill that huge backlog of orders Rob. Someone quote me so he can see this.

I'm happy to quote you but I dont know if it helps Rob see this?

FWIW RB and PURE seem to have the least negative feedback. I have no horse in this game. Just what I hear via the forums and social media etc.

I dont blame you for your response. It is fair.

I have not had a good experience with my mmp outlets and inlets that were professionally installed. Both were a failure. Probably lost over a grand all things considered if not more.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I'm happy to quote you but I dont know if it helps Rob see this?

FWIW RB and PURE seem to have the least negative feedback. I have no horse in this game. Just what I hear via the forums and social media etc.

I dont blame you for your response. It is fair.

I have not had a good experience with my mmp outlets and inlets that were professionally installed. Both were a failure. Probably lost over a grand all things considered if not more.

Regarding the veer90 quote it looks like someone has a BIT too much pride to admit just how god damn good that RB was correct soup tastes.:tearsofjoy:

He is was pretty slow to come along, but at least he finally made it. Sad part is theres always the next guy to fall into the same shoes.

Sometimes these things can take days, sometimes months, sometimes years; but they always seem to come around to see what we are nudging in the times prior... that they so dearly despised in the moment.;)

Oh, neg rep... so sad.:unamused: And the name calling... so weepy.:sleepy:

Rob

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Regarding the veer90 quote it looks like someone has a BIT too much pride to admit just how god damn good that RB was correct soup tastes.:tearsofjoy:

He is was pretty slow to come along, but at least he finally made it. Sometimes these things can take days, sometimes months, sometimes years, but they always seem to come around to see what we are nudging in the times prior that they so dearly despised in the moment.;)

Rob

Gawd damn I can't imagine dealing with Rob in person.

I think the sheer insufferable pretentiousness radiating from his person, akin the stench of week old rotting fish, would make me shrivel up and die.