M 235 headlight weirdness!

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Hi all, my 2er is a RHD European version, since I got the car a year ago I have been trying to figure out how and when the pair of inner headlights turn on, I now realize that the outer lights are both high and low beams and the inner ones don't even seem to have bulbs in them! is this the OEM design? is there a way to make them functional and get quad headlights?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm pretty sure they are inactive and only hold the outer ring (daytime running lights)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Nope, not a turning light, its not any kind of light , there is no bub.

I think I read somewhere that it's a dummy spot, unused. It's just an attempt to retain the design philosophy while also not needing the bulb there.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I think I read somewhere that it's a dummy spot, unused. It's just an attempt to retain the design philosophy while also not needing the bulb there.
After doing some searching (on Real oem) this is confirmed to be good information. I also took the cover off and snapped a pic of the bulb, anyone have experience with a GOOD deciently priced upgrade for this bulb? its "Bi- xenon" hi/lo beam according to BMW , I'm seeing a lot of options on Amazon but I just dont know which I should go with.

IMG_2222.jpg