Long time owner. First time tuner.

Lil'Biskit

Lurker
Sep 21, 2022
Happy to be here.
I drive a 2013 BMW 535i that I have owned since day one and with the help of my husband and son recently decided to start doing some modifications.
Looking to learn from what others are doing and try avoid the pitfalls that come with modding.

Attachments

• Lola pics.jpg
    Lola pics.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 3

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Welcome. For modding read the stickies and threads for your car ..... GOOGLE and YT.

Vehicular DIY on YT is good to watch. He has content for n54, n55 and b58.

Always read reviews on products and search well. There's lots of garbage out there. When in doubt, ask here who's legit. Most of us have dealt with crappy vendors or know who's crappy.

Before you mod, do all your maintenance. Car needs to be tip top before you blow it up. :) Kidding, good maintenance will prevent blowing up.

Lil'Biskit

Lurker
Sep 21, 2022
Welcome. For modding read the stickies and threads for your car ..... GOOGLE and YT.

Always read reviews on products and search well. There's lots of garbage out there. When in doubt, ask here who's legit. Most of us have dealt with crappy vendors or know who's crappy.

Before you mod, do all your maintenance. Car needs to be tip top before you blow it up. :) Kidding, good maintenance will prevent blowing up.

Great advice! Thank you. :)

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i

Hey hey no blowing up more motors

• Funny
Reactions: wheela

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Hey hey no blowing up more motors
I've not blown up any motors! I've replaced blown motors..... never blown up one.

On my n54 I had a blown turbo coolant line.... that could have caused a blown motor. But, fixed now. Went the conservative route with new upgraded RB one turbos by Rob. :)

Fixed much better that way.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I've not blown up any motors! I've replaced blown motors..... never blown up one.

On my n54 I had a blown turbo coolant line.... that could have caused a blown motor. But, fixed now. Went the conservative route with new upgraded RB one turbos by Rob. :)

Fixed much better that way.
I haven't catastrophically blown any. So instead i just built my motor and went single turbo :):cool: