Intermittent misfire when accelerating - usually happens when cold

sosiiick

Lurker
Mar 25, 2020
I have a misfire issue some days when I first drive my car. Its been below freezing when it happens. It wont accelerate. If I hold the car at a steady rpm, part throttle it will boost up some then back to 0 and repeat that. No codes rn.

-335is DCT
-Doc race ST
-Brand new O2 sensors
-Index 12 injectors were installed about ~15k miles ago
-BMP stage 3 fuel pump and lines
-original hpfp (as far as I know) 107k miles and bought the car at 60k
-Changed plugs ~5k miles ago
-Carbon clean intake valves ~15k miles ago
-Coils ~15k miles ago

I took a couple logs over the last week:

sosiiick

Lurker
Mar 25, 2020
I would highly recommend never flooring it in 7th gear at 1800rpm. In both logs your flooring it in 7th below 3000rpms, if i was your car i'd be upset too.
My logs are at less than half throttle mostly around 30% throttle. I blipped the throttle for a second in one of the logs. Thanks for the help 👍

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My logs are at less than half throttle mostly around 30% throttle. I blipped the throttle for a second in one of the logs. Thanks for the help 👍
Logs don't really show anything wrong. Car enters spool mode. I'm genuinely not trying to troll, I just highly recommend not flooring it at 1400RPM for 6 seconds.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Ideally you want to avoid high load at low rpm but in those logs it doesn't look like you're asking too much.

In those logs you're not misfiring at all. Your timing is just being pulled by the DME because there's a problem in the tune. Show those logs to your tuner he should be able to fix that for you.