I just got approved for TSA Pre✓

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So when I travel I hate waiting in the long lines, especially if I'm running late and having to take off all your crap and go through the millimeter wave scanner where they treat everyone like a terrorist.

So I decided to pay the 85 dollar fee and apply for TSA Pre✓ which lets you bypass all of that. For those who don't know, those are the people who get to walk through the metal detector only. If they didn't specifically apply for Pre✓, the computer system on occasion may think you meet certain criteria anyway, like flying with a child, etc.

Anyway, you just set up an appointment online, you go in with your passport and in my experience its a very timely appointment. Walk in, give them your finger prints and walk out. You have to wait for your results online where they will issue your KTN(Known Traveler Number). I interviewed on November 11th and got my KTN today. I have a DUI from 2009 and that didn't stop me from getting approved. If I didn't have the DUI, I would have applied for Global Entry instead.

flexbrah

Lurker
Nov 1, 2016
Precheck was probably the best investment I've made in a long time. I fly out of Atlanta airport once every month or two and avoiding the security lines is a god send. Never heard of global entry though I might have to check that out..

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Precheck was probably the best investment I've made in a long time. I fly out of Atlanta airport once every month or two and avoiding the security lines is a god send. Never heard of global entry though I might have to check that out..

Global Entry is the same thing but for participating international travel. It also includes pre check. There are others like sentri etc but I'm not sure of the differences. Some airline credit cards include a free global entry or tsa pre check.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Love my precheck. Super useful. My credit card pays for it as a perk.

Nice! Which card is that? I have the platinum delta and it doesn't do that. I may need the delta reserve card, but at least mine comes with a companion ticket.

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Nice, I got approved no problem but my boss had to go thru a whole bunch of crap due to an issue he had returning from Mexico in the 70's, :lol: