Help with injection cutout

Joel I

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
Hey guys.

First time I post car related stuff in forum so bare with me here.

I seek some guidance with my BMW E91 335I N54 2007
Running MHD Stage 2+ 98 RON
Last year I installed -1 NGK sparks with 0,022 GAP at the same time I installed catless DP and FMIC.
The dealer where I bought the car changed the coils during 2020.
HPFP has been changed 1 time about 70,000km ago.
Sometimes when I give moderate throttle or do WOT on 3rd gear or higher gears, I am getting engine light and lose all the power. I managed to make a log when this happens and I could see that my LPFP is fluctating alot, maybe someone could confirm. I do not know the status of LPFP or if it's changed before. But is this a pressure problem or a voltage problem? And is this fluctate the problem of Injection Cutout?
I see LPFP jumping from 35 up to 145 PSI and also see HPFP going down when this happen.

If you have any other notices about the logs or you see something else that maybe should be looked into, please let me know :)
The log is from earlier this year since I have not been driving very much due to a new car but now I am give this car some lovin'

Thanks!
/Joel

Reactions: doublespaces

Joel I

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for the input guys!
The HPFP is bad as well? I thought this could be a result of a weak LPFP if it can't keep the flow of fuel.
I order a new LPFP then and try first since it needs to be changed then :)

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Thanks for the input guys!
The HPFP is bad as well? I thought this could be a result of a weak LPFP if it can't keep the flow of fuel.
I order a new LPFP then and try first since it needs to be changed then :)
I would start with HPFP, personally i think your hpfp is almost dead and its bringing the lpfp down with it.

Joel I

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
For the lpfp if you plan on running ethanol I’d diy install a Walbro 535.
Heya,

Just wanted to let you know that I changed the HPFP and it running like a freakin' dream right now!
Thanks for the suggestion of changing the HPFP first, the LPFP looking fine according to the log.
What do you think? :)

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Heya,

Just wanted to let you know that I changed the HPFP and it running like a freakin' dream right now!
Thanks for the suggestion of changing the HPFP first, the LPFP looking fine according to the log.
What do you think? :)

Glad it worked out, If possible maybe switch to a lower octane fuel to clean up timing corrections post shift, is your car AT or a Manual car?

Joel I

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
Glad it worked out, If possible maybe switch to a lower octane fuel to clean up timing corrections post shift, is your car AT or a Manual car?
My car is manual. I am running MHD Stage 2 RON 98 right now which is like 93 OCT if I remember correctly. What do you mean I should use lower octane fuel? The only step down I have is RON 95 but that would require a reflash with the other map I believe.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My car is manual. I am running MHD Stage 2 RON 98 right now which is like 93 OCT if I remember correctly. What do you mean I should use lower octane fuel? The only step down I have is RON 95 but that would require a reflash with the other map I believe.
Sorry, i meant as in lower the octane in mhd, but still use 98 RON. Or try switching gas stations maybe. Just getting a lot of corrections in 4th.

Joel I

Lurker
Jun 15, 2021
Yea no worries, let us know if that fixes your timing corrections.
So I reflashed the DME, drove about 30km so the car was warm and then did a pull in 3rd and 4th gear. But now it looks like it got more corrections then before. However, I flashed it to Stage 2+ this time, it was "only" on stage 2 in earlier log (Tho first log was in Stage 2+ as well).
Could it be something else causing the corrections? It runs very good when driving with the new pump tho :)

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
So I reflashed the DME, drove about 30km so the car was warm and then did a pull in 3rd and 4th gear. But now it looks like it got more corrections then before. However, I flashed it to Stage 2+ this time, it was "only" on stage 2 in earlier log (Tho first log was in Stage 2+ as well).
Could it be something else causing the corrections? It runs very good when driving with the new pump tho :)

Possibly you can try new spark plugs. Do you know the amount of Km's or miles you've done on your current set.