First pulls after new turbos, bad timing pull above 3500 rpm

5WAGN

Lurker
Jul 25, 2022
So I just got my car back after an excessive amount of time in the shop getting upgraded twins and some bolt ons and I currently have mhd stage 1+ installed just to let things break in while I do a few more maintenance items but I’ve noticed the car won’t boost past 3500 rpm’s… it would instantly bog down. Did a log in mhd and sure enough there’s a lot of timing pull happening.
Running Vargas turbo F-RB twins, upgraded inlets, DP’s, charge pipe, plugs and coils have maybe 12-15k of commute driving, nothing crazy. Trying to figure out what’s causing the pull. Open to ideas and suggestions to diagnose.

Sava666

Corporal
Dec 14, 2020
So I just got my car back after an excessive amount of time in the shop getting upgraded twins and some bolt ons and I currently have mhd stage 1+ installed just to let things break in while I do a few more maintenance items but I’ve noticed the car won’t boost past 3500 rpm’s… it would instantly bog down. Did a log in mhd and sure enough there’s a lot of timing pull happening.
Running Vargas turbo F-RB twins, upgraded inlets, DP’s, charge pipe, plugs and coils have maybe 12-15k of commute driving, nothing crazy. Trying to figure out what’s causing the pull. Open to ideas and suggestions to diagnose.
lol attach some logs at least to see what is happening I believe ur overboosting right know

5WAGN

Lurker
Jul 25, 2022
Running an OTS map because I literally just got the car out of the shop.

Overboosting definitely seems likely.

Attachments

• 2022-08-19 17_40_19 I8A0S v10.0 Stage 1+ 93oct_98ronAT_noALP.csv
    7.2 KB · Views: 14

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
You need at least a prelim map from a custom tuner for the airflow you have now before you put the car into boost. The OTS map you have isn't remotely adequate and you'll have fuel and spark issues.

Hold off until you decide who to use and get your new base flash to start doing logging runs.

• Agree
Reactions: 5WAGN and Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
You need at least a prelim map from a custom tuner for the airflow you have now before you put the car into boost. The OTS map you have isn't remotely adequate and you'll have fuel and spark issues.

Hold off until you decide who to use and get your new base flash to start doing logging runs.

This.

5WAGN

Lurker
Jul 25, 2022

Thanks. I have 2-3 tuners I’ve been considering but is there someone you guys would recommend? Not new to Boosted cars but this is my first N54 build.