EPS Coding e89 variantencodierung_2 values

etropic

Lurker
Apr 27, 2023
Looking to change the steering feel in comfort for 2-10- e89 35i.

Reading around looks like
variantencodierung_2
and
Max-unterstuetzung
might be some valuable params.

Does anyone know what the variantencodierung_2 values represent? There are several model differences and many e89 options (current set to e89_var2).

Side note, VO says there is servtronic but I dont see that module separately.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Are you talking about programming the electric steering? I went looking for people digging in to this a few years back. There were some but no one had really figured it out. Hope you have more luck than I did! I will say that going to monoballs in the tension struts will make a significant improvement.

etropic

Lurker
Apr 27, 2023
Right on.
Ya, was going to probably replace everything meaningful joint wise at least in the front to start with. I'm not as familiar with what's in the rear.

I'm going to play around with this settings and see what happens ;)

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Right on.
Ya, was going to probably replace everything meaningful joint wise at least in the front to start with. I'm not as familiar with what's in the rear.

I'm going to play around with this settings and see what happens ;)
Report back. Feel free to ask questions on your Z4 suspension - glad to help if I can.

Reactions: etropic

bosolanu

Private
Dec 7, 2020
@etropic Wait, the e89 with EPS has 2 settings for the steering feel?
I am also very interested in customising the EPS, maybe we can figure something out. I do have the speed dependent servotronic active on mine if you want me to check something.