E93 friendly exhaust setups

18nom

Apr 12, 2021
Denver, CO
Ride
2011 BMW 335is (E93)
Wanting to see what options there are for E93 owners.
Own a 2011 E93 335is and wanting something a bit louder than downpipes + stock is exhaust.

Sound clips / pics would be great if y'all have any!

18nom

Apr 12, 2021
Denver, CO
Ride
2011 BMW 335is (E93)
Theres a few things you could try. Depends on how loud you want it ?
I would prefer not to modify the stock exhaust.

I really like the ATM speedshop exhaust but I'm pretty sure I would run into fitment issues with the underbody bracing on the E93.

The PE mufflers/mod wakes the mufflers up a bit.
Is it easy to find? Guessing I would have better luck finding a used set on the boards/FB?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Wanting to see what options there are for E93 owners.
Own a 2011 E93 335is and wanting something a bit louder than downpipes + stock is exhaust.

Sound clips / pics would be great if y'all have any!
Hey buddy on my N54 E93 I have Primary DECAT. Secondary still in (soon to leave for vibrant 1792 replacement)

I also have done the PE mod on the muffler, really made it a lot cleaner. The drone is minimal: and even better if you follow my tutorial of how to make an exhaust controller. Even quieter

18nom

Apr 12, 2021
Denver, CO
Ride
2011 BMW 335is (E93)
The IS mufflers are the same as the PE exhaust.
You could remove the secondary cats.
I was under the impression that the PE & is exhaust are similar but not the same. The PE being slightly more aggressive/louder.

I’m personally not a fan of how raspy the stock exhaust can get after removing the secondaries.

Hey buddy on my N54 E93 I have Primary DECAT. Secondary still in (soon to leave for vibrant 1792 replacement)

I also have done the PE mod on the muffler, really made it a lot cleaner. The drone is minimal: and even better if you follow my tutorial of how to make an exhaust controller. Even quieter

Post a video when you throw the vibrant resonators on. I’d love to see how it sounds.

I guess another reason to ditch the OEM exhaust would be some weight savings.

I’d love to see some custom setups if any E93 owners on here have one. Thinking I might just have to go to a muffler/exhaust shop and have them fab me one from scratch.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I was under the impression that the PE & is exhaust are similar but not the same. The PE being slightly more aggressive/louder.

I’m personally not a fan of how raspy the stock exhaust can get after removing the secondaries.

Post a video when you throw the vibrant resonators on. I’d love to see how it sounds.

I’d love to see some custom setups if any E93 owners on here have one. Thinking I might just have to go to a muffler/exhaust shop and have them fab me one from scratch.
Yeah, I ended up making my own. Quite a few different versions to achieve the sound that I wanted.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i

Yeah I will get one to you when it’s done.

There is definitely a lot of rasp. But it’s not unbearable.

I snap my back in half every time I remove my rear muffler 🤣🤣🤣

18nom

Apr 12, 2021
Denver, CO
Ride
2011 BMW 335is (E93)
Just and FYI, that is my car and channel.
Car sounds great! Are your exhaust clips with the 19T's or the stock turbos? How are the 19T's holding up? Really considering the 17T/19T route.

Yes but I don't post anything on YouTube or social media
I could send you something over the signal app or something
PM me your info. Would love to hear clips!

Yeah I will get one to you when it’s done.

There is definitely a lot of rasp. But it’s not unbearable.

I snap my back in half every time I remove my rear muffler 🤣🤣🤣
👍👍👍

ATM Speedshop confirmed that their exhaust will have clearance issues with the stock underbracing on the E93.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.14.28 AM.png

Reactions: Subwoofer