Changing mass fuel flow set point

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
I have bin following here for some time just getting lil bits and peices while i dial in my tune. I have bin especially curious on how the dme sets fuel mass. Looking over a few tables posted here and searching through the funcktioshrumen (ikmos even tho i need a ijeos) its what i got tho. I was looking for info on what c_mff_fav is effecting and honestly mostly being a lil confused when i stumbled across this... hopefully one of the heavy hitters here can make sense of it and we could find a good use for it?

Its the line underlined near the bottom iam not sure what parameter its in refrence to?

Attachments

• 16502282947675903510236716753290.jpg
    16502282947675903510236716753290.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 86

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think that's a description of what is being calulated in that page.

Car always runs in homogenous mode (HOM). The total required fuel mass is injected over 3 possible injection phases so that explains the 1, 2 and 3 references. The BAS just means basic, so that's the base fuel mass, probably before trims and other corrections.

I think there's probably big gains to be made playing with the injection phases for people with high fuel demands so it's good that you are looking into this. I'm stock turbo at around 430bhp so I just stick with the Z4 35is injection phasing tables but if I was pushing the limits of the injectors I'd be equalising the phasing a little to inject more fuel in the other 2 injection phases.

Reactions: wheela

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
Thats mostly what has me interested iam on upgraded twins target 30psi of boost with port injection on e85. I dont like the way we just adjust scalar i feel like the brake fuel mass should be altered and scalar should be used to fine tune.
I don't have much experience with win ols and finding adresses to add to xdf but iam hurt and cant work right now so i figured i got time to learn lol .
Do you know where i could find any damos and funktionshrumen for ijeos? Also any books that will help me understand?

Reactions: wheela

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I'm not aware of a newer damos or FR than IKM0S.

There aren't really good resources for learning, discussion is mainly spread across various automotive forums, the process is split between lot of different skills so that's the reason you don't see any comprehensive information.

To know what values to put in the tables you need to understanding more traditional tuning theory and have a grasp of how engines work.
To work with the FR docs you need patience to read through a massive PDF written mostly in German and various different notation methods for code.
To find tables and modify the ROM you need to know about disassembly, the processor instruction set and how DMEs are constructed. You can find some tables by using the damos and searching for matching hex strings in other ROMs but that only gets you so far.

Those are all skills you can pick up with time, it's not a difficult process, just time consuming when you have to learn as you go.

I can find the table addresses quite easily so if there's anything you want to play with just ask here. I might make an individual thread about the injection distribution tables as I think they are genuinely useful in the right hands.

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
Good stuff! I was looking over it and i feel like a thread to discuss how they are operating might be extremely benifitial. Theres alot going on with them as multiple injection events a time when they run single injection the time they need to charge for high and low lift etc..
How hard would it be to log what they are doing?

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
Theres alot more to see here than what the xdf had to offer sheesh. I have more studying on direct injection before i feel comfortable to actually change stuff.
Id like to start small while i do some more diging and change the bef to adjust for cylinder pressure vs the low load and boost it reports on jb4 but id like to start with the map "influence of the varying pressure increase inside the cylinder" it could be helpful to people with scaled bind as well.
In ikcos its 4d91c ip_prs_cmp_mon.

You weren't kidding about being alot to learn i have my bin file loaded side by side still working on being able to find and define things from the damos to my bin and add to xdf

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
I think i found it in my bin(on right). Googled quick on lil sleep lol. Coming up short on how to add the adress to the xdf to be useful?

Attachments

• 16504768004103420320781454882475.jpg
    16504768004103420320781454882475.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 72

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
It looks like you are right on about injection tables. Looks like bmw left a fair amount of injection window open, posibly up to 50 degrees or more without building to much film wall or spraying to close to igition. Besides just the aditional ipw theres possibilitys to lower egts and cyl temps possibly even get a higher mbt on higher octane fuels(it never sat tight with me that e98 did no beter than e70). I made a good bit of progress on the injection timing tables to date i have them all defined from the bmw layer still alot to go. Today i tested just staring thr first injection at tdc with multi spark disabled just to confirm that my logic tracing was right. It was progress but i fully expected the car to peter out. Heres a vid it also never recovers and has a poor idle after. If i restart its good till its reved again.

• Love
Reactions: iminhell1

Stas666

Jan 18, 2020
Ride
bmw 135i AT
It looks like you are right on about injection tables. Looks like bmw left a fair amount of injection window open, posibly up to 50 degrees or more without building to much film wall or spraying to close to igition. Besides just the aditional ipw theres possibilitys to lower egts and cyl temps possibly even get a higher mbt on higher octane fuels(it never sat tight with me that e98 did no beter than e70). I made a good bit of progress on the injection timing tables to date i have them all defined from the bmw layer still alot to go. Today i tested just staring thr first injection at tdc with multi spark disabled just to confirm that my logic tracing was right. It was progress but i fully expected the car to peter out. Heres a vid it also never recovers and has a poor idle after. If i restart its good till its reved again.
Hi man, could you share xdf with injection timings for IJE0S?
I've found Start of inj angle 1 from your video, but I think there are several tables realated to timings.
Thanks

Shitrockn54

Private
Apr 17, 2022
Ride
335xi
Hi man, could you share xdf with injection timings for IJE0S?
I've found Start of inj angle 1 from your video, but I think there are several tables realated to timings.
Thanks
They are in the xdf posted under the knock control stuff in another thread. Theres more i havent had time to mess with it for a while maybe this winter ill get back to it