Bmw n55 2011 big boost 3.4

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
I have been having issues with my car where car is jerking when I put on drive or reverse bad idle and on top rpm car power is falling really bad on its face no codes at all

I just replaced my ngk spark plugs gapped them to .022 and installed eldor coils

Something that I paid attention to is when I am at full throttle and I hit around 5k rpm and over when the car dies I don’t even hear the turbo spooling car goes quit and no power at all but when I take my foot off the gas and hit it again I get power and it happens

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
agree, we definitely need logs.

Also, a little more info about your setup would be helpful. What intake? Are you running PI? Who is the tuer? etc.

Reactions: wheela

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
So my car is 335 2011 it’s on big boost kit 3.4 lpfp stage 2 and 7.5 fmic stock high pressure fuel pump no pi , so right now I was able to figure the cutting power in the top end it was my Intake silicone coupler was getting sucked in

But the issue of the car jerking is still there it jerks while reversing or when I put it on D and on idle you can hear the engine like little misfire

The only codes I did get are these

I send me tuner the logs but idk he knew why

Attachments

• 288034E0-FA70-4302-B17C-72278EBA3523.jpeg
    288034E0-FA70-4302-B17C-72278EBA3523.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 44
  • 6944A422-2754-48F3-9805-E1E310D2FC02.jpeg
    6944A422-2754-48F3-9805-E1E310D2FC02.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 41

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Yup, If you said factory intake I would say you need to change that silicon coupler based on the issue where boost completely stops.

You still didn’t answer who the tuner is though. Who is tuning the car?

We were asking to see logs, not send them to your tuner. Do you have any to share?

You are getting super knock codes at idle?

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
Yup, If you said factory intake I would say you need to change that silicon coupler based on the issue where boost completely stops.

You still didn’t answer who the tuner is though. Who is tuning the car?

We were asking to see logs, not send them to your tuner. Do you have any to share?

You are getting super knock codes at idle?

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
My bad my tuner is Steven from wedge performance and no I usually get those codes while doing a pull on high way

Here this is 4th gear pull

Usually the car has rough idle while reversing or when put in drive also it idles weird on park I have video but I can’t upload it here

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Only things I can see right now are throttle closures and pulling timing. Drop the WGDC base% and log LPFP.
Has the tuner responded yet?
Yeah i am seeing the same thing. The load actual and request is right on top of each other which causes the throttle to close. We lowly e series N55 cars dont have a LPFP sensor unfortunately. I know, ridiculouts!

This looks to be a commanded wg approach. If you look at the wgdc base it is zero. Even with the timing corrections, they dont seem to be bad enough to cause a super knock code. Looking forward to hearing what logs look like with the next revision from the tuner. Steven is one of the most experienced N55 tuners so i am sure it will be sorted soon.

OP, are you a DCT car?

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
Yeah i am seeing the same thing. The load actual and request is right on top of each other which causes the throttle to close. We lowly e series N55 cars dont have a LPFP sensor unfortunately. I know, ridiculouts!

This looks to be a commanded wg approach. If you look at the wgdc base it is zero. Even with the timing corrections, they dont seem to be bad enough to cause a super knock code. Looking forward to hearing what logs look like with the next revision from the tuner. Steven is one of the most experienced N55 tuners so i am sure it will be sorted soon.

OP, are you a DCT car?
Yeah hopefully soon will resolve it might be one of my injectors is bad but not it’s auto 6 speed

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
Yeah so I think we found out the issue my tuner said it’s something with the ekp giving me issues I gotta get the eospeed fuel pump module

Perisbigboost

Lurker
May 22, 2022
What’s happening is the fuel pump needs more voltage and the stock fuel pump module isn’t able to give that more so it’s shutting off sometimes it’s overheating

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Yeah I think we understand why it happens and the issues it causes. Typically a stage 2 pump is a 450, and that doesn’t burn out the ekp from what I have seen. But your tuner has probably seen it happen which is why the upgrade is being recommended. It’s not a cheap part so hopefully that is the fix. I upgraded to the eos bpm4 as well because my 535 was overheating my ekp. No issues since the upgrade.

@RuskiRacer, he mentions the tuner is Steven from Wedge.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Just seems a bit unusual to me I geuss. I know many people running 525s and 535s as there primary pump and those are known to require a decent amount more power and they don't seem to have issues overheating the ekp

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Just seems a bit unusual to me I geuss. I know many people running 525s and 535s as there primary pump and those are known to require a decent amount more power and they don't seem to have issues overheating the ekp
Yep, I ran a 535 and 525 off the stock EKP but I did make it have active cooling. It did work for a while but I changed it for the EOS BMP4 when I had the funds for peace of mind.