14 E84 X1 35I N55 Ultimate Austin, Tx

proteus290

Sep 30, 2021
Austin, Tx
Ride
2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate
Beginning the path to N55 X1 mods, Looking for insight and a Central Tx tuner, beginning MHD tweaking and Supersprint exhaust work ,CTS Downpipe pending, Engine is basic with a few bolt ons ,Charge Pipe, 5" FMIC ,Walnut Blasted ports, XHP reprogramming trans completed, runs strong now, looking for experienced mechanical insight.

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

proteus290

Sep 30, 2021
Austin, Tx
Ride
2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate
20190527_203631.jpg

Attachments

• BMW profile pic.jpg
    BMW profile pic.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 16
  • clean n55 intake port.jpg
    clean n55 intake port.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 19
  • intake removed.jpg
    intake removed.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Vavlve Cover Job.jpg
    Vavlve Cover Job.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 8
  • clean oring mating surface.jpg
    clean oring mating surface.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 9
  • ECS Bronze Bushings.jpg
    ECS Bronze Bushings.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 13
  • supersprint muffler 4.JPG
    supersprint muffler 4.JPG
    846.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Headpipe fab.JPG
    Headpipe fab.JPG
    871.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
That X1 with a Big Boost single kit would be something epic :). And i believe @V8bait isn't taking new customers anymore, always worth a shot tho.

proteus290

Sep 30, 2021
Austin, Tx
Ride
2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate
Does the tuner need to be in central Texas? I know @V8bait is somewhere in Texas and @Twisted Tuning and @WedgePerformance often work on N55s.
Not really, I can travel, close in helps a little, expertise and knowledge is a paramount importance,

if i can learn more it helps me understand this machine more and more, we have "Torque performance" across the street from here in Austin, they r a Porshe specialty shop, my neighbor says they work on everything,

I will reach out to the Experienced Performance BMW Mechanics First.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Not really, I can travel, close in helps a little, expertise and knowledge is a paramount importance,

if i can learn more it helps me understand this machine more and more, we have "Torque performance" across the street from here in Austin, they r a Porshe specialty shop, my neighbor says they work on everything,

I will reach out to the Experienced Performance BMW Mechanics First.

Do you need a pro tune or an eTune? Because all you need is your email and some patience and you can get a tune from anyone, anywhere.

If you want to tune on the Dyno, then that is understandable. But unless you are short on time(or don't like to speed on public roads), there really isn't a huge need to do that to get within the ballpark. eTune isn't a perfect process, biggest problem is wait times.

proteus290

Sep 30, 2021
Austin, Tx
Ride
2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate
Glad to see another X1 n55 over here!
I had no idea when i purchased this vehicle, ultimate option package, now has Android head unit display also, was a turn in, at warranty end and everything leaked and needed everything that turned was worn out or leaking @ 75 k. maybe oil changes wiper blades and tires and crappy brake work, many dollars later it has come around and is a fun car to drive but Austin traffic limits mph. but it will run up to 140 easily. handles well and is a driven car that winds out well, XHP trans flash helped a lot. engine lives in the torque band now. Exhaust work pending, JB4 and o2 sensors for Downpipe install and DME workarounds r something i need more insight on .