9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
anyone know what the fastest 1/2 mile is for BMWs? fastest i could find was the m4 that did 178

Fastest I have seen is an F80 that did 178.57mph. But from what I have seen, no flyzone is a rolling and standing start so if the 178.57MPH is a rolling start, it's not as impressive as 175MPH from a dig.

Edit: I guess at NFZ whether it is rolling or from a dig the distance is measured from a starting point, not from the launch on a dig run.

Reactions: rominun

rominun

Private
Nov 9, 2019
Socal
Ride
2010 135i DCT
Fastest I have seen is an F80 that did 178.57mph. But from what I have seen, no flyzone is a rolling and standing start so if the 178.57MPH is a rolling start, it's not as impressive as 175MPH from a dig.

Edit: I guess at NFZ whether it is rolling or from a dig the distance is measured from a starting point, not from the launch on a dig run.
im shooting for 180 on a dig. figured out how to get 20 psi on launch with my DCT so i think it should be doable if the stock endgine and drivetrain survive :)

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
im shooting for 180 on a dig. figured out how to get 20 psi on launch with my DCT so i think it should be doable if the stock endgine and drivetrain survive :)
Don't you want low boost on launch for traction. I flashed to the 135 DCT but still roast the tires at the track. 180 is very ambitious. What are your supporting mods? Never mind, I saw them above. It's definitely possible with your setup.

rominun

Private
Nov 9, 2019
Socal
Ride
2010 135i DCT
Don't you want low boost on launch for traction. I flashed to the 135 DCT but still roast the tires at the track. 180 is very ambitious. What are your supporting mods? Never mind, I saw them above. It's definitely possible with your setup.
with my turbo, launch control just bogs. even with a custom flash building 12 psi it will bog. figured out how to get it to launch with traction off and rip the slicks clean. spinning isnt winning but better than bogging.

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Gotcha, makes sense. Mind sharing your launch technique? I am DCT and at the track running 1/4 mile I find just matting it works for me.

Will you be attending this event in Indiana?

rominun

Private
Nov 9, 2019
Socal
Ride
2010 135i DCT
Gotcha, makes sense. Mind sharing your launch technique? I am DCT and at the track running 1/4 mile I find just matting it works for me.
traction all the way off, m1, sport mode on, floor brake and hit kickdown switch. when u do that car squats and then let off brake. give it 2 seconds and it should roll out like 2 ft and launch

Reactions: NoGuru