7 Second Ford XR6 Turbo - 180mph+ Trapped!

Discussion in 'Racing - Kills Discussion' started by [email protected], Jan 7, 2017.

Trader History (0)
  1. Hello Spoolers,

So, I have been looking more into Australia's cars lately due to the lack of media and attention they get and we have the Ford XR6 Turbo.

Ford XR6 Turbo features a 4.0L Inline 6 Turbocharged engine. The car that holds the record for the XR6 1/4 mile was actually de-stroked to a 3.7L Inline 6!

Current Record belongs to the following:

After watching this.. It is the only Ford I wish I had and, would love to build.

#PowerToTheInline6

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    I think the xr6 is actually just a trim level and is called the ford falcon. This looks like the utility version. The xr8 is a v8 I think.

3. Flinchy

Flinchy Private

Yup theres XR6 N/A 4.0, XR6T (same 4.0 with changes and sorta a gt35/40 something), and XR8 (V8)

Current XR8 I believe is supercharged from factory.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Yes, the XR8 is supercharged.

And, also just to verify the XR6 is known as the Falcon but, that's why I decided to go with XR6 so that people wouldn't assume the higher trim was the success here. :p

5. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Wgat is the natural displacement of the xr6 turbo?

6. 4 liters

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Flinchy

Flinchy Private

Without being fully set up, they just bake tires in every gear at high power because of the torque lol

8. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    That's nuts. What do they rev them out to?

9. Flinchy

Flinchy Private

6k stock+valve springs

6500-7k built

Only past 7k on open wallet builds afaik

Stump pullers haha

10. Haha, I just love how "torquey" inline 6's are. I have a lot of confidence in this platform due to the results we have seen so far, and from the inline 6 in general. (2Jz, n54, n55, s55, s54, XR6, etc)

In my opinion without having a large displacement v8, a inline 6 appears to be the way to go for power down low.